김태연

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures   Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:15 pm

wala inggit ako e haha

pa-add ako

that's my real friend code
Back to top Go down
jazzmeister

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures   Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:40 pm

Niccolo and I can't use our characters from monday's session on the next OSS right?

Also will the "No Ranger" rule still hold on the next Miracle Eye scenario?
Back to top Go down
oppaslam

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures   Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:06 pm

Quote :
Sunday, November 2, after lunch
di ba saburday ang ikalawa ng nobyembre?
so is it 2 or 3? XD

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures   Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:46 pm

saburday ang 2

김태연 wrote:

wala inggit ako e haha

pa-add ako

that's my real friend code
emulator friend code pwede? XD

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures   Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:06 pm

bigay mo kay duane yung friend code mo. mga pakshits kayo XD
Back to top Go down
Vir

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)
Cash: 10700

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures   Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:25 am

Huh. Oo nga ano, sabado nga ang Nov. 2. Well, kayo, kung kelan niyo gusto.

Niccolo, Andrew, you can still reuse your two characters if OSS ang kukunin ninyo unless gusto mo lang gumawa pa ng character. And no, yung no ranger rule ay para lang sa "Mystery of Starlight Town" Case File. Sabihin niyo lang kung gusto niyo ng ibang Case File, I got half a dozen already prepped.

1. Mystery of Starlight Town
2. The Cursed Cruise
3. Unexpected Events at the Museum
4. The House in the Woods
5. The Secret of the Lost Valley
6. Murder at 20,000 Fathoms
7. Beware the White Mask

Back to top Go down
Megumin

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures   Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:39 pm

I like the saburday.

"The House in the Woods" sounds creepy. therefore, fun

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures   Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:09 pm

Hehe. Depending on whether you activate the right triggers or not, "The House in the Woods" can be creepy, funny, or action-packed. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Megumin

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures   Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:03 pm

can i make a tiny suggestion

let's always adopt that "knocked out" system from Dead Simple for any and all tabletop RPGs
so no one actually dies and gets permanently kicked out from the game
permadeath is like punishing those trying to have fun

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures   Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:27 pm

di ba pwede mas maaga? bawal nako gabihin e ngayon na sa ibang bahay nako nakatira
Back to top Go down
Vir

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures   Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:33 pm

i don't know... permadeath is a big deal and a pretty important mechanic in Pokemon Tabletop. I mean, you'd be less inclined to do stupid things if you knew there's a distinct possibility of your character never making it.

also, a closer look at the basic rules of Dead Simple, under Bloody Combat:
"A Wounded figure has all his skills reduced by 3 (including Toughness).
If wounded a second time, he is knocked out.
A KO'd figure can be easily killed or captured."

Emphasis added, of course, but the point is, Dead Simple still allows for character death. However, I've been reading more pointers on how to run tabletop games from multiple sources, and something that they all agree with is that aside from Call of Cthulhu, the GM should always, always inform the players when they may be biting off more than they can chew, something that I am now taking note of. Since Call of Cthulhu is about ordinary mortals facing off against eldritch horrors beyond human comprehension, it is to be expected that death can come at any moment and in any form. However, other tabletop systems aren't nearly that fatal, so I (or any GM) should pull back adequately. I will be implementing this the next time we run a tabletop game.

All the same, though, it might not be a bad idea to have multiple characters prepped just in case.

Also, mas maaga sa sabado? game ako na morning pa lang magstart na tayo, actually better nga yun kasi yung monday session inabot kami ng 10pm ng gabi after starting ng 4pm in the afternoon.

Back to top Go down
Megumin

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures   Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:36 pm

It's fine to get killed in Dead Simple. Just make another character in less than 30. But something like PTA where it takes ages to make a team you're happy about, it takes away a lot of the fun for me. You make a character with all his/her perks, you catch stuff, make your team, take care of each and every detail... then you get killed because someone wants to "win", even at the expense of others. Or you made an unlucky dice roll (just as annoying).

I don't really have that much of an issue with permadeath, just the level of imposed caution in creates in the RP. In Dead Simple, you will only ever be "knocked out" by opponents. You'll only die if you get finished off. Or you fall into a bottomless abyss by trying to jump a 20ft gorge, requiring a 25 on a 1d20 (totally your fault). And that's fine. PTA doesn't have that safety net. Like with Raffy's Shinx instantly dying. It's part of the game rules, but it's not fun.

A better alternative: Shinx is now in critical condition. Now Raffy and Andrew (who didn't want that to happen either) can carry it towards the nearest PokeCenter, marked as an emergency. Problem solved, unnecessary deaths avoided, everyone happy. Heck, I think acting the 'emergency' part would be fun with all the shouting. "NURSE FUCKING JOY, TREAT THIS SHINX NOW!!". What I mean is, real actual genuine hardcore-mode permadeath should never be decided by dice rolls.

The main appeal of RPGs is that you can do stuff you won't ever be comfortable doing in real life. "Real Life: The Tabletop RPG" doesn't sound very entertaining.
Disclaimer: But hey, that's just me.

if saburday
can do before lunch
no earlier than 10

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures   Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:05 pm

Actually I would have to agree with Albert that the Permadeath system should still take effect.

Including the system makes the feeling of the RPG more realistic as possible. Think of it as a way to get more creative. Imagine if you were faced in a dire situation, how will you go about it?

Having a resurrection system somehow breaks the gaming mood as players would most likely be doing random things and would have the mentality of "meh... I can just go back to it later".

From how we played last monday it was very much exciting trying to think of ways how to avoid death through efficient use of skills, pokemon know-how, and the availability of certain items in a certain environment.

Besides, we've already started with the anime scenario-thinking, not the game scenario-thinking. Although nobody really dies in the anime no matter what happen, they still try to avoid death as much as possible so we should do the same.

I'm game on saturday morning.
Back to top Go down
Megumin

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures   Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:55 pm

Quote :
Including the system makes the feeling of the RPG more realistic as possible.
Like I said, I don't like playing "Real Life: The Tabletop RPG". Well maybe I do, if it's interesting enough (like being in a Special Operations team infiltrating a terrorist stronghold).
And in any case, PTA's death system is not realistic. Because it has numbers. And dice decide whether you live or die.

Quote :
Dead Simple RPG "GM Guide"
Don’t punish people for trying to have fun.
If you think this is mad go and watch any version of the Three Musketeers, The Princess Bride or Pirates of  the  Caribbean  and  tell  us  you  didn’t  just  love those dramatic fight scenes.
Permadeath can be fun, if and only if death does not directly come from a fellow player, or directly from a dice roll. If you get stabbed, you shouldn't die immediately. You bleed profusely, be in enormous pain, lose consciousness, and finally die if you don't get medical attention.
Point: Permadeath should not come directly from dice rolls. Permadeath should come from pure roleplay storytelling.
While I do agree PTA needs the permadeath, I still think the whole "-100% HP is automatic death" is utterly un-fun.

PTA already has a safety-net procedure: being knocked unconscious when your HP is 0. Just remove the negative HP numbers and it's gold. Meaning you can't actually die unless your friends don't have medical supplies or ran away, then a Tyranitar eats you. Or you get stabbed in the neck because you thought your neck was plenty strong and decided to block an incoming knife with it. Whatever the case, there's a real reason and story for your untimely death; not "you unfortunately failed a dice roll / your opponent was incredibly lucky so you die". I don't really mind dying if the reason was good/fun enough.

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures   Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:53 pm

Quote :
"-100% HP is automatic death"
Read the rules, that's why there is such a thing as a Death Savings Throw for both Trainers and Owned Pokemon. The only way you get automatic death is if you get hit with an attack that does double your MaxHP AND you fail your death savings throw.

The only way to get Permadeath in PTA is if you get yourself in a situation where you would battle something that is ridiculously beyond your current level (fighting something that is like double or triple your level,for example.). Such cases should be avoided as much as possible via both GM and player maneuvering. Again, the case of Raffy's Shinx is an unfortunate one, but expected given that we are all beginners at this. Rules such as only the GM can instigate trainer battles between player characters (and even then no fatal attacks allowed), minimum level requirements before trainer battles, and others that we may develop as sessions go on, although possibly immersion-breaking, will help towards this. In addition, it was also perhaps my fault for not clarifying the type of Pokemon World that you guys are playing in, something that I will be rectifying in future sessions.

Again, we are all beginners at this, so everything, good or bad, is a learning experience for us at this point.

~-~

So saturday (tomorrow) morning, 10am, here at the house? That fine with you guys?

Back to top Go down
rainstabtorrents

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures   Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:06 pm

gano ba kalakas ang burn? because shinx's hp was 19, meaning -100% was at -19. 30 yung damage ni andrew ( (18 - 3) * 2 ), so 19 - 30 = -11. meaning without the burn, my shinx would've survived anyway (and maybe even with it? tama ba yung formula? 3 yung spdef). damn us and our incompetent arithmetic skills XD

that was against an enemy 2.5 times my level, and it was a critical hit. my only regret is why was the death savings like only 8% to succeed? hard shit, man.

oh yeah, masama pakiramdam ko, so i might not make it tomorrow. isux
Back to top Go down
김태연

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures   Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:04 pm

di ko na maalala papunta kina albert
Back to top Go down
jazzmeister

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures   Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:59 pm

KIta na lang sa vega
Back to top Go down
jazzmeister

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures   Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:45 pm

Considering the usual attendance record for the gaming, mas maganda nga siguro na uro one shot scenarios na lang tayo muna. We can't continue with the main scenario without at least the original four players. Also to give Albert the chance to come into play.

Albert sa Miracle Eye-verse, absolute rule ba na 3 pokemon at a time lang ang laging dala with at most two pokemon are rented?

I plan to use the Miracle Eye-verse sa mga gagawin kong mga OSS para mas madami yung chances on the development of the characters.
Back to top Go down
Vir

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures   Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:06 pm

I believe na nasagot ko na yung tanong mo kahapon, pero just in case it was the beer talking, that was not an absolute rule. Yung 3 pokemon "limit" was something so that pwede nang sumabak into the thick of things yung character niyo, while at the same time giving you room to catch some Mons just in case. Gaya ng sinabi ko sa inyo, aside from the identified Mons na sa inyo na talaga, you should still have room for at most 9 more 'personal' Mons as long as you can justify it via backstory. Kumbaga, basta magfit sa personality at style ng Trainer mo.

By the time you get to Operative rank or higher, it is expected that you would have enough high-level Mons for a full personal team, thus lessening the need to rent Mons.

Also, I am exercising my rights as the Miracle Eye-verse creator to nerf the rental system via these rules:

1. All rental pokemon are at a fixed level, in multiples of 10.
2. All rental pokemon do not gain EXP.
3. TMs/HMs cannot be used on rental pokemon.

So what does this mean? Well, it means that if you want, Tenran's Bouffalant and Azumarill, and Luke's Flareon and Nosepass could both be marked as personal Pokemon. If you wanted. Wink

Back to top Go down
rainstabtorrents

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures   Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:27 pm

here's my character for the next oss

name: Rendan
class: psychic
describe in one word: chill
life goal: to chill
hometown: mossdeep
badges: mind badge, rain badge
starter: misdreavus

do i get to choose my other pokemans as well?

and does a tm move count as one of the 3 egg/tutor moves?
Back to top Go down
Vir

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures   Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:37 pm

Yes, and yes.

Ikaw pipili ng rank ng character mo, basta hindi lumampas ng Jr. Operative, good to go yan.

Back to top Go down
Megumin

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures   Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:50 pm

copypasta format from raffy

Name: Pedro Françisco Regalado Cerveza (aka Kuya Cervy)
Class: Ace Trainer
Describe in one word: Latino
Life goal: teach a full team of pokemans to perform a perfect Flamenco
Hometown: Fallarbor town
Badges: Stone Badge, Knuckle Badge
Pokemans (main 3):
Ludicolo (Procopio)
Kecleon (Conchito)
Illumise (Porserpina)

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures   Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Again, kayo nga ang pipili ng rank ninyo. Paintay while I finish writing the Miracle Eye Universe topic, para pwede kayo mag-refer dun sa appropriate na rank.

Also, mine!
Name: Augustus Arevalo
Class: Smart Teacher
Describe in one word: Focused
Life goal: To marry Amber, a Lopunny and his beloved childhood sweetheart.
Hometown: Lilycove City, Hoenn
Badges/Ribbons: Smart Ribbon - Normal Rank, Smart Ribbon - Super Rank (both earned at Lilycove Contest Hall), Balance Badge, Stone Badge
Pokemon Owned:
1. Amber (Lopunny Lv. 27, evolved from Buneary Lv. 5 hatched from egg, First Pokemon)
2. Belladonna (Roselia Lv. 25, evolved from Budew Lv. 5 hatched from egg, Starter Pokemon)
3. Jasmine (Kirlia Lv. 20, caught at Lv. 8 at Route 102)
4. Flutter (Beautifly Lv. 20, evolved from Wurmple Lv 5 caught at Petalburg Woods)
5. Bloom (Oddish Lv. 18, caught at Route 121)

Back to top Go down
jazzmeister

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures   Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:00 pm

I accept those terms. Flareon, Nosepass, Magnemite and Mightyena are now part of my personal arsenal of pokemon. This will fill up 7, with Golett included, spots in my 10 pokemon owned status.

To try to help Albert, in an attempt for him to be able to play, I have created three oneshot scenarios of my own but will coincide with the Miracle Eye-verse so that our characters will still grow and we don't have to create multiple universes and characters. These were formed on the note that at an Investigator level trainer, they take up missions as if they were police men as Albert stated. Operatives are like soldiers while Agents are secret service agents and spies.

The scenarios are as such:

Death Zone
The Safari Zones are nature preserves which are paradise for select pokemon. However, at the Hoenn Safari Zone, several pokemon have started to die due to mysterious reasons. To aid the local rangers, the administration of the park has employed the services of the Miracle Eye Group to find and stop the cause.

Trouble with the Magnet Train
The magnet train is one of the most efficient way to get from Johto to Kanto. During a particular trip, the emergency system of the tunnel near Saffron City triggered on its own, trapping the train and its passengers inside. A malfunction in the communications relay leaves the operators and the stations with no information. The Miracle Eye team has been hired to seek why the emergency system was triggered and resolve the problem.

Night of the Living Pokemon
Lavender town, the town where pokemon are laid to rest. The air of this solemn settlement has taken a horrific turn as a string of unusual pokemon related attacks have occurred. The local police have tried to contain the event but was unsuccessful. It is now up to the Miracle Eye team to solve this problem once and for all.

Each story has multiple endings depending on the cause found which is based on the correct trigger event and the succeeding ones. Rewards and encounters will follow accordingly.

If I may add a suggestion, perhaps we could apply a penalty system. At the end of each mission, the GM will be evaluating the group's actions as if he was the director and give special rewards or penalties to the players depending on their action during the scenario. This is to minimize any unnecessary actions as much as possible. Just an idea.
Back to top Go down

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
jodsh :: Tabletop/Pen-&-Paper RP-