View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Which tabletop RPG would you prefer?
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures
57%
 57% [ 4 ]
Dungeons and Dragons 3.5
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
GURPS (Generic Universal Role Play System)
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Hero/Champions RPG
29%
 29% [ 2 ]
Call of Cthulhu
14%
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Vir

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)
Cash: 10700

PostSubject: Tabletop RP   Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:58 am

I have acquired dice, and am now ready to attempt running a pen-and-paper tabletop RP. Thus I would like your opinions on which kind of tabletop rp you would most like to see run. The choices are in the polls, with more detail on them here:

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures - an in-development tabletop conversion of the Pokemon world. Awesome in concept, but more detailed studying of the rules lead to some confusion on certain aspects. However, these can be worked around, given time, and I believe that we can make this work, the bunch of PokeNerds that we are. I have the resources needed to run a campaign already at hand as well as several possible plot points and ideas to use, and we can run an initial campaign as early as this weekend.

Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition - the classic role-playing d20 system of high fantasy. I have no resources for this one aside from the basic quickstart rules, and I will need a little bit more time to hunt for the Players Handbook, Monster Manual, and Dungeon Master's Manual. I have managed to find and torrent an almost complete compendium of DnD 4th Ed resources, including the player handbook, monster manual, and dm manual. The entire compendium is 3GB in size. However, the rules for this one are clear-cut and easy to understand, and most of us are familiar with the settings. I will be able to run a D&D campaign by next weekend at the earliest.

GURPS (Generic Universal Role Playing System) -  a tabletop role-playing game system designed to allow for play in any game setting. I managed to torrent and download a package of GURPS 3rd Ed and 4th Ed scenarios, sourcebooks, character books, etc. for any conceivable scenario (Wild West, Detective Noir, Deep Space). The rules for this one are pretty easy as well, and require no terribly complicated things. They even only use 3d6 for rolls and checks. However, since this is a generic system, I will still need to create and develop a plot and setting. I have some ideas, but nothing concrete yet. Therefore, I will be able to run a GURPS-based campaign also by next weekend at the earliest.

HERO System/Champions RPG - similar to GURPS, characterized by point-based character creation and the rigor with which it measures character abilities. It uses only six-sided dice. This is mostly set in Superhero Universes, like Freedom Force, or the Marvel/DC Universe. I have the resources at hand for this (sourcebooks), but will also need to devise a setting and plot. Similar to GURPS and DnD, I can run this by next weekend at the earliest.

Call of Cthulhu - We've played enough Elder Sign that I think you guys are somewhat more familiar now to the Cthulhu Mythos. CoC is a horror-themed pen-and-paper RPG that puts you in the shoes of an investigator of your own design, fighting against the eldritch horrors that continually threaten your life and sanity. The rules/character creations for this one are relatively simple. I've got a copy of the Quick-Start rules (only 20 pages long!), alongside a sample scenario that we can play immediately. Due to that, I can easily run an initial session of this one as early as this weekend.

So, thoughts?

Back to top Go down
Zuramaru

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop RP   Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:26 pm

Pokemans

confused? use persim berry remove dat confusing rule.

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop RP   Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:49 pm

pokemans/cthulhu

btw, ginawa kong multiple choices yung poll
Back to top Go down
Zuramaru

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop RP   Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:59 pm

^lels gusto mo lang maglaro na this weekend e XD

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop RP   Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:49 pm

Hehehe. I haven't voted yet. I have high hopes for the Pokemon Tabletop Adventures one, though. Got all sorts of cool ideas for it. The GURPS or HERO systems also have merit though. For the GURPS, I sort of want to try using the Eleutheria RP we have here as the setting, although a bit less steampunk and a bit more magitek, maybe. For the HERO system, I was thinking maybe a blend of supernatural and superheroics in a Philippine setting, maybe? I don't really have it fleshed out yet. The Call of Cthulhu one is also pretty cool. Just needs a little tweaking to sort of personalize the setting.

Back to top Go down
Zuramaru

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop RP   Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:53 pm

Gundam Ibarra

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop RP   Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:18 pm

HERO SYSTEM/GURPS RULES FOR A GUNDAM-BASED RETELLING OF NOLI ME TANGERE DEAR GOD YESSSSSSS

EDIT: FUCK THAT, HERO-SYSTEM BASED RETELLING OF FILIPINO HISTORY, ONLY EVERYONE HAS SUPERPOWERS. YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Back to top Go down
jazzmeister

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop RP   Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:53 pm

Considering that I was the only test subject for the pen and paper RP, how did I do?

Probably comments on the manner of RPing since I died early given the stats I rolled.

Also I'm done with my character in Pokemon Tabletop Adventures.

You agreed with the starting pokemon I chose right and based on the manual, we will be starting at trainer level 0, pokemon level 5 right?

If we can start with a slightly higher level up to which level is permitted for both trainer and pokemon?

Hopefully I do well with the character route I chose.
Back to top Go down
rainstabtorrents

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop RP   Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:16 pm

anong class ang balak mo? para di tayo masyadong mag overlap
Back to top Go down
jazzmeister

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop RP   Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:19 pm

Basic Class: Ranger
Advanced Class: Signer
Advanced Cross Class: Cryptozoologist
Back to top Go down
rainstabtorrents

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop RP   Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:33 pm

may tanong ako.

can you get a class as long as you have an open class slot and have met the requirements?

or dun sa mga basic class isa lang dun?
Back to top Go down
Vir

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop RP   Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:43 pm

Yes on the first question.

So pwede ka na Researcher/Ranger/Psychic. Basic class lahat. Or Researcher/Petrologist/Ranger, so nagspecialize ka sa isa. Or Mag-super focus ka sa isa, like Ace Trainer/Stat Ace/Type Ace.

Back to top Go down
jazzmeister

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop RP   Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:24 pm

Saan pwede makahanap ng database ng stats ng pokemon at level 1? Kailangan ata natin nun sa RP.

Also No one would mind if I make an excel of the trainer and pokemon sheets for myself right? Tapos iedit ko na lang sa laptop while playing? Hopefully the battery stays on until we finish the session for the day.
Back to top Go down
rainstabtorrents

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop RP   Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:33 pm

Quote :
Saan pwede makahanap ng database ng stats ng pokemon at level 1? Kailangan ata natin nun sa RP.
may kopya si albert.

o kung gusto mo, base stats over 10, rounded off to the nearest integer. tingin ka sa serebii.net or any other pokemon database out there

Quote :
Also No one would mind if I make an excel of the trainer and pokemon sheets for myself right? Tapos iedit ko na lang sa laptop while playing? Hopefully the battery stays on until we finish the session for the day.
kung gagawin mo yun, gawin mo din para samin XD
Back to top Go down
Vir

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop RP   Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:57 pm

Belay that, Andies. I found a very useful excel pokemon generator here:

http://forums.pokemontabletop.com/topic/8099475/1/

Back to top Go down
jazzmeister

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop RP   Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:13 pm

Albert 5e side quest modules are available in scribd and here is where you can get the manuals for the main storylines. If you really want, we can hold the 5e non AL characters.
Back to top Go down
jazzmeister

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop RP   Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:47 am

Emilzen, kung gusto mo ng guide to create characters, meron si Albert na short version but kung gusto mo na nung complete information na may access ang players, you can download the manuals:

Basically, creation of characters are divided into a few parts:
1) Race

The race will dictate the physical characteristics of the character (like height, weight, and traits like horns, etc). It will give a certain bonus on specific stats per race. Different races also give race specific features. (ex. Tieflings have demonic powers, Dragonborns get a breath weapon and elemental resistances)

So far the playable races are: Humans, Gnomes, Drawves, Halflings, Elves, Half Elves, Half Orc, Tieflings, Dragonborn

2) Class

Classes dictate majority of your character like weapons and armor proficiencies, features, savings throw proficiencies, skill proficiencies, and starting items. Each of the basic classes will branch out into their class variants, granting additional features and skills not normally learned by the basic class.

The current playable classes are:
Barbarian, Fighter, Monk, Ranger, Cleric, Rogue, Wizard, Warlock, Druid, Sorcerer, Bard

3) Background

Background is... background. Basically a part of your characters backstory. This will grant additional skill proficiencies, language proficiencies, and item. There is also a specific background feat.

4) Stats

Parameters of the character. There is a pattern to setting that will be set depending on your stat preference but this preference should be justifiable if it is an uncommon arrangement for your class and race.

5) Backstory

Tell the story of the character using the 4 previous elements.
Back to top Go down
Zuramaru

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop RP   Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:59 am

Neverwinter Nights has doubled my interest in trying proper DnD

I think the class that suits my gameplay best is the Rogue.
I like scouting ahead, making plans, clearing the path, creating advantages before the actual battle.
Then I get to sit back and watch the others take the stage (maybe sneak a few attacks in).
I just hate characters that bashes trapped chests and run straight for the enemy because 'mah HP can take eeet'. XD

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop RP   Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:27 pm

Don't worry. When it comes to me and Albert, we don't bash trapped chests and certainly don't charge into battle just cause even if our Armor Class and HP maybe high.
Back to top Go down

Tabletop RP

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
jodsh :: Tabletop/Pen-&-Paper RP-