AuthorMessage
Vir

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)
Cash: 10700

PostSubject: Defenders Again!   Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:02 am

[5th of Ced, 650 AK, at Scippiu Castle, Bagong Pi Si II]

Queen Ada XV was quickly growing annoyed. Her steward, a neurotic mouse of a man (literally, the man had buck teeth and a tail) named Dod Engdaga had for the past half-hour been relentlessly pacing back and forth in front of the throne while muttering senselessly to himself. Although rather amusing for the first five minutes, it had grown quickly tiresome, and now Queen Ada, also known as the Benevolent, was starting to reconsider forcible retirement for the man in the form of an executioner's axe. Seemingly sensing his Queen's annoyance, Dod turned to the Queen and gave a sycopanthic bow.

"My deepest apologies for my pacing, my Queen.I am simply most anxious for the Defender candidates to arrive. The sooner they appear, the sooner they can get started on ridding our lands of these greatly EEVUL things. Why, just this morning I received word that both Tai Ping and Llamware had been overrun by nefariously EEVUL creatures and that they were intent on marching to Sidiburn next! The enemy is almost at our very door! And yet these so-called Defenders have yet to arrive! It is most distressing, your Majesty, simply most distressing!"

Queen Ada gave a simple wave of her hand. "Shush, Dod. I am sure that these Defenders will be strong enough to fight and destroy this looming EEVUL threat. Why, the Defenders of old were facing even more insurmountable odds versus the Kotnorb, and they managed to triumph! Besides, I specifically asked that only the strongest warriors, those capable of single-handedly laying waste to an entire army, were to be accepted. You know the trials and tests that we put all of the wannabes through. Now, ready yourself. I have informed General Pub Likke to bring the final candidates here, today, so that they may be informed of their mission and their possible rewards."

As the rodent-like man tried (and failed) to calm himself, there came forth a knock on the main door and Queen Ada gestured to one of her guards to open it. The guard took a look, turned back inside, and then announced in a clear voice.

"Presenting, General Pub Likke, and the final candidates for the Defenders."

The door opened, and General Pub Likke, a grizzled old war veteran with only one eye and a peg leg, strode inside, followed by a strange and motley crew of people. The General cleared his throat and began speaking as the candidates stood at attention in front of the Queen.

"My Queen, I present to you the final candidates requesting for admittance into the Defenders. Candidates, please introduce yourselves and give our Queen a small demonstration of your abilities."

Back to top Go down
jazzmeister

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Again!   Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:52 am

The candidates looked at each other to see who would go first. After a while, the Queen was visibly getting impatient. From the very right of the group of candidates, someone sighed. "Very well. I will go first."

A red headed man in a black and white robe moved to the center of the room, in front of the Queen's throne, and kneeled. "Greetings, Your Highness. I am Maverick Shrade of the Maxwell clan of wizards. I hope that my abilities pleases you."

He then stood up straight and closed his eyes. The room was starting to get darker as storm clouds were forming above the city of Bagong Pi Si II. The amulet on Maverick's neck and the purple gem on his bracer started to glow A violet magic glyph appeared underneath Maverick and electricity was surging from it.

"Descend, O mighty Lord of Storms, let loose thy lightning upon the land and purify the wicked. Come forth, Blitz!"

Six thunder rained down from the clouds and stopped at mid air to form a hexagram. From the hexagram, a large form was forming, staring with what looks like a leg with three claws for the foot. The figure lowered itself unto the ground, showing a blue bulky humanoid form. The form had its arms crossed above his chest and large spikes were protruding from its shoulders and forehead. The eyes of the figure was glowing an eerie yellow color. Once the figure was fully formed, the electricity disappeared.

"This is Blitz, one of the Elemental Lords of our world. He represents the power of Thunder." Maverick explained.

Blitz bowed with only his upper half. "It is an honor to meet you, Your Majesty." The blue elemental greeted with a very deep voice. "The other elementals and I have seen everything what has happened with this world and we are happy to help the humans to get past this calamity."

"Blitz, demonstrate to the queen a portion of your power."

"Very well."

Through the windows in the throne room, Blitz could see numerous trees that were standing in the courtyards. The giant stretched his arms to his side and the horns on his shoulder and forehead started to glow. Electricity was surging through his body. After a few seconds, lightning started to strike the tree tops, setting them on fire one by one. By now, seven trees were set ablaze and numerous castle servants were trying to put out the fire.

"That's enough, Blitz. You can go back now." Maverick ordered. Blitz stood up straight and bowed once more before he turned himself into a ball of purple light and flew up into the sky. Once he was gone, the clouds disappeared from the city.

"Now to present my other ability." Maverick repeated his stance during Blitz's summoning but the dark blue gem on his bracer started to glow. "I call upon the Ruler of the Seas to bless the earth with thy holy water. Arise, Belius!"

Water erupted from the cracks on the floor and the nearby fountains. The water flowed through mid air and joined to form an orb of water. From within the orb, a kraken shaped figure started to materialize. The figure looked like a coiled eel with 2 eyes on each side of its head and tentacles were wiggling from several parts of his body.

"What isss your wish, masssster?" Belius asked as he turned towards the red headed mage.

"As he who had formed a pact with thou, I order thou to submit thy power unto me."

"Your wish isss my command."

Maverick jumped into the water and Belius caught him with one of his tentacles. The elemental spirit's body changed into light and flowed into the mage's body. The water started to disappear and the armor resembling fish scales started to appear on Maverick's body. Once the full armor appeared, the remaining water formed the shape of a trident and solidified. The new figure landed softly on the ground.

"Now," The figure spoke with a combination of Maverick's and Belius' voices. "Allow me to put out these flames." The figure pointed the sharp end of his trident and stuck it into the ground. He then stepped back and clapped his hands together in front. "O mother praised for her indigo life, break apart and raise thy clear new voice! Aqua Geyser!"

From the fountains in the courtyard, water sprang like geysers, dowsing the entire grounds with water. This isolated rain put out the fire. Once the fire was out, the armored figure took his trident back from the ground. The armor glowed a dark blue hue and disappeared in a small explosion of water. From where the figure stood, Maverick appeared and bowed once more to the queen. He then went back to his original position in the group.
Back to top Go down
rainstabtorrents

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Again!   Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:17 pm

"Again, there was silence. Obviously, each of the candidates wanted to be the last one to demonstrate their abilities, because the finale always makes the biggest impression." Such was the narration of a clear deep leader-voice seemingly coming from nowhere.

"Despite possibly being the only one who thought of it that way, a robed individual stepped forward," and indeed a robed individual stepped forward, "in order to introduce himself."

By now it was clear that it was this person himself who was creating the narration. "However, there was no need for a self-introduction; everyone in the room immediately recognized him: that generic-looking robe, exuding that aura of handsomeness and charm despite having his face hidden. He is most certainly Absol the Handsome."

"Fuckin prick," one of the fellows behind him said under his breath. A stifled fangirl-squeal could be heard amongst the guards. That one was definitely a girl.

"My apologies, my Queen. Absol here prefers not to talk with his own voice," said General Pub Likke.

"No matter. I assume you will neither remove your hood so we can see your face, Mister Absol?"

"I'd rather not. But if an avatar is all right with you, would you like to see it?" Only Absol's mouth could be seen under his hood, and it was not moving.

"Very well, then."

And Absol took out his hand from under his robe and conjured a shining spiral that seemed to emit darkness. "To add a bit of dramatic effect, you know," he said as an invisible force ruffled his clothes and raised his hood just enough to show his face.

"Absol, at Your Majesty's service," he said with a slight bow.

He then closed his fist and the darkness that filled the room was sapped back into his hand. His hood once again covered his face. "I jest. That was my real face and my real voice. But you've already forgotten it, haven't you?" He smiled without opening his mouth.

Most of them in the room looked at him in bewilderment. "It's a memory spell I've developed. I call it Interlude." He bowed and stepped back , waiting for the next to demonstrate.

"What the hell kind of ability was that?!" It was one of the guards who obviously felt vastly inferior to Absol in every way except muscle. "You can't fight EEVUL with that!"

He smiled again. "Exactly the response I was waiting for." He loved baiting less intelligent minds to do his bidding. "Then, mister volunteer, would you mind slashing me with that sword you're holding?"

"Are you kidding? Just the force from my swing can tear that robe to shreds," the guard said. Once again there was a stifled fangirl-squeal.

"Come on, give it everything you got. I won't move."

"All right. If I kill you I'll replace you as one of the candidates."

"I'm afraid that can't happen."

With a huge swing of his huge sword and huge lack of vocabulary, he swung his huge sword at Absol's unprotected neck. "Attaaaaacckkk!!!" It stopped at his unprotected neck.

Absol clapped his right hand against his left. "A round of applause for our volunteer for his enthusiastic participation."

Fury-enriched exhale seethed from the guard's nostrils as he backed up for another attack.

"Enough." It was General Pub Likke, holding the tip of the huge-ass sword with his pinky and ring finger. It was amazing how someone so old could appear in a flash and do that. "Absol is to be the team's vanguard and in charge of drawing the enemy's fire to himself -- that is... what I had in mind, anyway."

The guard stared in disbelief. How could this no-muscles no-armor mage be the tank? His puny mind could not take the irony presented before him.

Again there was the clear deep voice that resonated around the room. "Allow me to reintroduce myself. I am Absol, Mage of Great Intellect and Overall Superiority." --and he strikes a pose--

"The Absolute Shield."
Back to top Go down
oppaslam

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Again!   Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:39 am

Heinz wasted no time. The moment Absol returned to his place among the others, the priest began chanting.

"Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium. Ímperet ílli Déus, súpplices deprecámur: tuque, prínceps milítiæ cæléstis, Sátanam aliósque spíritus malígnos, qui ad perditiónem animárum pervagántur in múndo, divína virtúte, in inférnum detrúde. Ámen"

*dramatic pause*

"Make no attempt to google translate my prayer. I only just researched it myself. I'm not even quite sure if it's genuine Latin. Ha ha ha. Rest assured, though. It works."

Heinz floated forward to the center stage, with his five-feet chains flowing effortlessly through the stone floor. He spoke in a very educated voice. "As you can see, I am a ghost. But don't be fooled. I am also a priest—a very proficient one at that." Just then, the floors and walls of the hall illuminated a very bright white light. Warmth overcame every soul in the hall, and images of angels came down from a heavenly sky, sprinkling pixie dust everywhere. After a while, the angels disappeared, and the brightness subsided. "Exorcism. I just drove away the demon inside each and every one of you. Don't worry, though. They'll come back. They always do."

He turned to the queen. "Your highness, I present to you myself, a ghost—Heinz, if you may." Heinz clenched his fists. His outline gradually took form and color filled his cheeks. Then in an instant, he was flesh and bone. Feet dropped softly on the floor. The chain links, too, fell one by one. Now, Heinz seemed to be anchored to the stone floor by his own chains.

"What do you think happens to matter I displace when I phase into my physical form?" He asked. He then pulled on his shackles, revealing a frighteningly tight chain of metal links. "The matter—it disappears," Heinz demonstrated to the queen. "When I phase out, I leave nothing but vacuum."

As he phased back, his chains relaxed once again into ethereality. Where the chains once were, there were now holes, hollow voids of absolute destruction. Heinz looked at her majesty whimsically in the eye. "In a different sense, this ability I have is literally...
'mass' destruction."

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Again!   Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:10 pm

Just before Heinz finished his introduction, Eland turned around and unsheathed his sword slightly as if he's peeking at women taking a bath. It exuded a bluish glow, indicative of the mana stored within it is

almost or already full.

"Perfect. All I need now is a purple rose."

As soon as Heinz returned to his spot on the line, Eland walked away like he was leaving. General Likke suddenly appeared beside him.

"Where are you going?"

"Relax, General, I'm just gonna get something outside I forgot to pickup before we came in. I'm sorry, Your Majesty, to force you to wait awhile."

He soon returned, with a purple rose in hand. Some of the soldiers snickered, others whispered, and one pointed out the obvious.

"That's what you forgot, a rose? What the hell, kid? And what's with that stick on your back?"

Just as soon he finished his sentence, a loud noise rang out. Eland had fired a shot and muttered to himself, "dammit, I missed."

As the soldier fell to his knees, wracked by fear with his near-death experience, Eland continued to walk towards the front and dropped the rose. He unsheathed his sword and pointed it towards the ground.

Sowilo, kaunan, uruz, laguz, dagaz. Ye whose soul is bound to mine, we shall fight together to our last breath! I call upon Skuld, the Future-sight!

His sword began to drip energy on the floor, creating concentric circles with many covering the spaces in between. This resulted in a change in the color of the blade from blue to green. Queen Ada was amazed as she has yet to see this ritual performed in front of her. With a bright flash of light the rose stem had disappeared, but the petals float, forming an outline of a person. Mana flowed out of the sword and headed towards the petals, materializing the body. What it formed was a young woman, clad in armor. She walked towards Eland and grabbed him by the collar, lightly choking him.

"This better be important, Eland."

"Yes, this time it is! Can you let me down now?"

She let go of him, and Eland caught his breath back and started his introduction as Skuld stood beside him.

"Your Majesty, my name is Eland Arctyll. Standing beside me is my companion and teacher, the Valkyrie Skuld. Our power is based on teamwork, which is a plus because us and the six candidates behind me will be working together against EEVUL."

Skuld added, "Your Majesty, you might want to get a chair for the mouse. He'll be surprised by someone yellow later."
Back to top Go down
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/oz797d8j230sc/Bro_Code
PRIMATE MURDER

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Again!   Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:24 pm

"Is it my turn yet?"

A slightly garbled voice whispered behind Eland. The young warrior quickly turned and poised for an attack. He saw one of the other Defender candidates; unkempt silver hair, black and red garb, a smile that somehow instills both a sense of welcoming and dread; the weird one. Eland took a quick glance at Skuld before muttering a 'Sure'.

"My thanks."

Eland watched as the eccentric man playfully pranced towards General Likke.

wait... what?

The wizard Maverick stifled a laugh, seemingly amused at his confusion. Mere seconds ago, that man was standing beside the other Defenders. There were no hand gestures, no chanting, no glaring light displays; it was instantaneous, much faster than what General Likke displayed earlier.

The man in black bowed before Queen Ada and introduced himself.

"A pleasant day to you, Your Majesty. I am known as Souhaku no Yoru, a monk from Tai Ping... you may refer to me as either Souhaku or Yoru."

Queen Ada felt rather uneasy at the sight of the man before her. She shifted in her seat before speaking. "I heard that Tai Ping was recently overrun. I am deeply sorry about what happened in your hometown."

"Indeed, Your Highness. It is... disheartening? that I was only able to use my powers to escape. I am hoping to be of more use this time..."

Souhaku began narrating about his final moments in Tai Ping, and then about the origin of his name. Apparently, he was named after the Legend of the Pallid Night, a story about teenagers and possible alien abductions. Dod was starting to get annoyed by Souhaku's unusual manner of speech and conduct, taking note of all the unnecessary pauses and sudden shifts in tone. He tried to hold back his agitation to avoid being accused of racism. The Queen's steward waited for an opportunity to butt in and immediately spoke during one of Souhaku's pauses.

"Uh... We don't really have this much free time, can you please proceed to the demonstration of your powers?" Queen Ada, who was beginning to doze off, nodded in agreement. General Likke commanded the crowd to stand back.

"Very well", Souhaku once again spoke in a raspy, unsettling voice. He took out a wooden staff from beneath his cape and twirled it around. Souhaku turned his attention to a crowd of hecklers and pointed the staff at them.

A host of demonic creatures sprang forth from a pool of shadows behind the jeering soldiers. The other Defender candidates readied their weapons while General Likke and a handful of soldiers leapt to the Queen's defense.

The monsters suddenly disappeared in a cloud of smoke, while a flock of sheep can now be found huddled in front of Souhaku. He took out another wooden staff and waved it around. The sheep were seemingly corralled by an invisible barrier as they kept looping back to their original positions. A massive glob of bright green liquid formed above them.

The green liquid then dripped down and burned through the floor and the polymorphed creatures. One of them turned back into a hulking monstrosity but was immediately cut down with a blade of shadows.

"I told you to behave!" General Likke grabbed Souhaku, only to find himself squeezing Dod's arm instead. The two of them looked around and found the soldiers from earlier scurrying out the door, followed by other spectators who got scared out of their wits. Souhaku shrugged and went back in line as he got reprimanded by the high officials. His reasoning that he was just trying to be a bigger prick than Absol was not deemed acceptable.

Queen Ada ordered for a short break as she asked for a whole pitcher of water.

Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/zoetrope
Megumin

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Again!   Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:29 am

"Right, break's over. Who's next?", Dod impatiently declared.

He found the candidates just lounging about, minding their own business.

"I demand your immediate attention! We have a huge crisis in our hands! I already told her majesty that this formality is a waste of t--

"Time was never ours, we mortals."

A flowing voice filled the room. It was both foreboding and calming.

"Who said that?", everyone murmured.

"Sage. Soulstead."

There was no flash of light, no sparking sound. A woman, who wasn't there before, stood in the middle of the room. Silence grew as everyone waited for something to save their sense of reason.

"Continue."

Dod Engdaga drew a deep breath and spoke, "Sage Soulstead. Now where did I hear that name before..."

Murmurs inside the room.

"Well anyway, show us your power, miss Sage."

"I don't know if I'm pleased to see you here but please don't destroy the castle.", added Heinz.

"You know her?", asked Dod.

"From ancient scripture. She's a--"

Sage interrupted the conversation by raising a hand. She smiled and bowed courteously for the ghost priest. "I'll try my best not to."

Sage raised her staff into the air. General Pub Likke's sword, dagger and shield was forcefully drawn towards the jewel in the staff. The three items spun around the staff violently as they drew a magic circle in the air.

You who forsook God
You who took mortal women as wives
You who bestowed knowledge
War
Weapons
Artificial Beauty
Rise before my might, bend to my will.

Yes, my fair Sage., a new voice entered the room. A man's voice; low and strangely distorted, as if passing through a thick pane of glass.

Rays of light and a figure slowly descended from the magic circle.

Meet Azazel, fallen angel. He who taught mortals the way of weapons and breastplates.
I am Sage Soulstead, the Soul Forge; summoner of beings of myths and of old.

"My god...", Dod was speechless.

"He's not a god, he's an angel. A fallen angel."

"I know, I know..."

"Although I guess I can summon a god. But that would break my word to the priest."

"Okay okay, you summoned an angel... Big deal", the general was clearly not amused after his equipment was taken from him. "So? What can he do? What can you do?"

Sage looked at the queen. Queen Ada was silent, apparently waiting for more excitement.

"Azazel.", Sage said with a wry smile.

"As you wish."

At once, Azazel flew out the window. Everyone followed to watch as the six swords of Azazel started slashing apart the north tower of the castle. The general was in awe. Heinz shrugged.

A few seconds later, the tower was entirely decimated by the blades. Azazel flew back with a satisfied expression. Everyone else went back to their stations.

"You douche. I only wanted you to carve something on the mountainside.

"But I thought--

Sage pointed her staff towards Azazel, who then promptly disappeared.

"My deepest apologies, your majesty.", bowed Sage. "...and priest."

Queen Ada XV finally spoke, "The One Sorceress of God, Sage Soulstead. A great legend, once told by my late great grandmother. I could never recall what she told me, as I was disinterested in history. But I'm truly happy that you are on our side."

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Again!   Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:57 pm

"Well, that was entertaining." General Likke cleared his throat and then turned to the Queen. "The last candidate to qualify is 5, an RHG from the Stickmen of D'Autta."

The Queen looked at the general strangely. "General, there's more than one Stickman. Which one of them is 5?"

There was a soft tapping noise, and several members of the court (most notable steward Engdaga) jumped in surprise as words began appearing out of thin air over the Stickmen one letter at a time, as if some invisible hand was writing over their heads. The words appeared to correspond chromatically to the color of the Stickman over which they were floating, and although different in color, they all said the same thing.

We all are, Your Majesty.

"I see some of you have not yet experienced the unusual way by which Stickmen communicate." General Likke seemed mildly amused at the reactions of some of the court members (particularly Dod's). "Through methods still unknown, Stickmen do not talk, but rather materialize their thoughts for others to read. Anyway, to answer your question, your Majesty, all of them are 5, I think. I was still unclear on his.. err.. their explanation, but the basic principle is that 5 is one consciousness simultaneously inhabiting five bodies."

The tapping sound started again, although this time it seemed to come from only one of them.

That is the simple explanation for it, General. Your Majesty, as you know, all Stickmen are born with unusual powers. Mine just happened to be the ability to split into 5 bodies.

"Is that the only ability you have?" The Queen asked, somewhat relieved and slightly disappointed at the same time.

No, your Majesty. Each body has a specific ability - gained from my fellow Stickmen through ritual combat - that I have honed to perfection. This body, in particular, is able to make duplicates of itself that are impervious to harm.

The spectators watched as the yellow Stickman walked towards a soldier standing at attention. When he was roughly five feet away, the Stickman drew back his left foot and then kicked it forward. The crowd saw a yellowish blur move from his foot, before there was a loud cracking sound and the soldier went flying backwards. Standing inches from where the soldier had been was another yellow Stickman with his right fist extended as if having just done an uppercut. The second yellow stickman walked back to the first and then gave him a high five. When their palms touched, both Stickmen blurred momentarily and then the second one simply disappeared. The tapping sound resumed, the words this time appearing in blue font.

This one, on the other hand, has perfected the ability to shapeshift. The blue Stickman was moving even while the words continued to appear above him. The crowd blinked - and suddenly the blue Stickman was gone and there was a fifteen-foot blue Llamwarian Great Apetroll standing in the courtroom, before it shrunk down into a small blue rubber ball. The yellow Stickman picked up the ball and tossed it upwards, only for a large piece of cloth to come fluttering down. Another blink-and the cloth had become a Treintenian lava python. The serpent gave an ominous hiss, before coiling itself and turning into a perfect duplicate of the animatronic golems of M'Gaupland. The golem clapped its hands, causing the crowd to wince, before giving a bow and smoothly transforming back into the blue Stickman. He walked back into the group as the tapping sound resumed with white font taking the place of the blue.

This one is capable of instant teleportation. A very useful ability, if I do say so myself. Only then did the crowd realize that the white Stickman was standing behind the Queen's throne. He tapped the Queen's shoulder, but as she turned to look, he had once more reappeared near the group of Stickmen. He waved his hand, before pointing upwards where the font had turned from white to green.

The green body has gas-based powers. I would enlist the aid of one of your guards to demonstrate. After a moment, one of the soldiers carefully approached.

Now, my good man, please be so kind as to draw your blade and attempt to decapitate the green body. The soldier glanced at the queen, who gestured at him to continue. Shrugging, the soldier unsheathed his sword and swung a mighty blow... that passed straight through the green Stickman's neck as though it was air.

"No resistance! It's like trying to cut through smoke!" The soldier cried out, amazed. The tapping sound continued, but this time in red font from the red body.

That's because it IS smoke, my friend. Now, this last body has a most peculiar ability, that being perfect empathy. Let me demonstrate. The red Stickman raised his hand, and a flash of something silvery left his wrist. The soldier who had volunteered gave a sudden start.

"Ow! What the heck... Heh... Hehehe... Hehehehehehehe... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" The soldier collapsed to the floor in a heap, laughing so hard he appeared to have trouble breathing. The red Stickman gave a slight gesture, and the soldier's laughter turned into suddenly hysterical screaming.

"NO! NO! SPIDERS! GET THEM OFF! GET THEM OFF ME!! AAARRRGH!" The soldier continued screaming until his eyes rolled into the back of his head and he passed out. The tapping sound resumed.

I can use a more general version of that to affect everyone in this hall, but I believe that mass pandemonium is hardly a proper thing to incite in a royal court.

"Yes... Well, that's very interesting, Mr.. uh... 5." The Queen commented nervously.

No Mister, please. It's just 5. If you feel confused, please feel free to call the bodies by the first letter of their coloration. So this yellow body would be Y, the red would be R, and so on and so forth.

"Ah, yes, indeed. Well, 5, you appear to be sufficiently capable, so without further ado-" Queen Ada's statement was cut off as Engdaga suddenly cleared his throat.

"Your Majesty, if I may? I would like to raise a question regarding the inclusion of these... Stickmen into the Defenders. We all know that these creatures were created from the Kotnorb invaders 5 centuries ago. Why, I dare say it would be a most expedient disgrace if these traitors were allowed to defend the kingdom they so nearly ruined!" Queen Ada and General Likke looked at Engdaga in surprise. General Likke was the first to speak.

"Really, Steward Engdaga? Traitors? I have personally fought and bled with many Stickmen in the course of my career. I will be the first to say that although they are unusual in appearance, their capabilities more than make up for it. They are also some of the most loyal and unwavering soldiers I have ever had the fortune to command." Queen Ada nodded in agreement.

"My predecessor, King Rendar IV, spoke highly of the Stickmen and their prowess both off and on the battlefield. I feel that you let your prejudices cloud your judgment, Dod. Now, as I was saying, by the power vested in me by the-" But again, Queen Ada was cut off as Dod Engdaga spoke again, his voice a manic growl.

"NO! THE STICKMEN MUST NOT JOIN! THEY MUST NOT, ELSE ALL IS RUINED!" To the horror of the court, Engdaga hunched over and then suddenly shifted into a humongous and slavering wererat. It let out a rasping cry before leaping at the Queen, its fangs bared. It did not get far, though. The Stickmen blurred into action. Y jumped forward and in a blink over two dozen yellow bodies had dogpiled the wererat while B turned into an exceptionally long chain and then wrapped himself around the creature. At the same time, W had teleported himself beside the Queen and then teleported both himself and the Queen to a safer location behind Absol.

Well... That escalated quickly. Let's see... R moved towards the struggling man-rodent and laid a hand on its head for a few moments. Interesting. Your Majesty, I'm afraid that Steward Dod Engdaga is dead. He was murdered in his sleep a few days ago and replaced by this spy from the forces of EEVUL. Shall we execute it on charges of murder and conspiracy against the Kingdom?

Queen Ada read the floating red text, her eyes narrowing. "So that's why he's been behaving strangely. 5, execute this foul creature for the murder of Steward Engdaga."

The Stickmen nodded their heads in unison, before G turned into a strange mist and then covered the wererat's head. It struggled for few moments, before suddenly going limp.

Hmm. Werecreatures are known to have powerful regenerative abilities. Best make sure. The green mist entered the wererat's nose and mouth. At the same time, Y and his clones quickly got off the creature while B uncoiled and then turned into a dome that then encased the corpse. There was a muffled boom from within the dome, and then B and G shifted back to their normal forms. Of the wererat, there remained only ashes.

Let's see if they can regenerate from that.

Queen Ada nodded in approval and then turned to the others. "By the power vested in me by the Kingdom of Jodsh I dub you all Defenders of the Realm. Now go, and destroy this EEVUL threat and make Jodsh safe for its people once more. General Likke, I trust they have been briefed on the route?"

"Yes, my Queen. They have all been given a copy of the map showing the route that they must take to liberate all of our city-states from EEVUL, as well as information on the dangers that they may face."

"Very good. Now, my Defenders, go! Go and cleanse the Kingdom of Jodsh from EEVUL!"

Back to top Go down
Vir

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Again!   Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:11 pm

And so, the newly-christened Defenders of Jodsh left the walled mountain city of Bagong Pi Si II amidst the loud cheers and fanfare of the people. Their abilities and powers had been disclosed to the people, and full faith had been given that they would soon be successful.

The Defenders, cheered on by the faith of the people. found themselves quickly becoming confident. After all, they were Defenders! Some of the most powerful warriors and fighters the realm had to offer. Who could stand against them?

Reality hit the Defenders a mere two miles after leaving the city, in the form of a runner coming their way from the direction of Bagong Pi Si I. They managed to stop him, and intercept his message.

The Duke of Bagong Pi Si I had been murdered. EEVUL was involved. It was not known how or who had been sent. But one thing was certain.

Bagong Pi Si I had been compromised. The EEVUL had forces inside, and the Defenders were likely to walk into a trap... A trap that needed them to be careful in dealing with, lest they catch those innocent and uncorrupted citizens of Bagong Pi Si I in the crossfire.

Within a day, they had reached the outskirts of Bagong Pi Si I, and a plan had been formed. They would enter the city without attempting to hide who they were, so that the spies could be drawn out. They would attempt to limit their powers, to avoid destroying the city. And as much as possible, they would spare the innocent and not cause wanton damage.

Unfortunately, Fate had other plans...

Back to top Go down
jazzmeister

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Again!   Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:29 pm

The heroes arrived at the gates of Bagong Pi Si I. The group expected for the townspeople would all be in a riot or mourning due to the loss of their leader. What greeted them were citizens going through their everyday life happily.

"This is... strange." Maverick commented. "I would have imagined there would be more chaos than this."

"Are you sure that guy was on the level?" A black sphere with bat wings and eerie purple eyes appeared over the mage's right shoulder and was looking at the citizens with little interest. "For all we know, that guy could have been nuts."

A red sphere that looked like it was wearing a knight's helmet with glowing yellow eyes appeared on the mage's left shoulder. "I may be inclined to agree with Corag." The red sphere stated.

"Agni?"

"It is very much possible that it could be just delirious ranting caused by stress from these troubled times." Agni explained. "His injuries could have been self inflicted or he may have encountered a wild beast or bandits along the way."

"See? Man I'm good!" Corag shouted and looked very much proud of himself.

"Hmmm..." Maverick saw a young maiden passing by and approached her. The two elementals quickly hid themselves behind Maverick. "Good day to you, milady. May I ask if there have been any abnormal events that has happened lately?"

The girl thought back before replying. "No sir, I do not think there have been any odd occurances lately." She then faced the busy street. "As you can see, everything in our town has never been more peaceful."

"See?" Corag revealed himself, showing a huge grin on his form. "Am I right or am I right?" Agni revealed himself but only to sigh at the dark elemental's attitude.

"May I ask who you and your friends are?" The maiden asked.

"W-We're-""You're talking to the chosen Defenders of Queen Ada lady. We are the future heroes of this land" Corag interrupted Maverick. The latter stared at the Corag with disbelief. Corag just looked back, still with the grin. "What? We never planned to hide our identities anyway."

"T-The Defenders?!" Someone in the crowd yelped upon hearing the announcement. "Everyone, it is the band of heroes chosen by the Queen herself." The townspeople suddenly started to swarm the band of heroes.

Above Maverick, Corag and Agni stared at the growing crowd. A yellow sphere that looked like it had a dog's face appeared in front of them and glared at the dark elemental. "You couldn't have kept you mouth shut?"

"Come on, Beowulf. Theey're just happy to see us. What could go wrong?"

Unbeknownst the heroes, in the darkness of the alleys of Bagong Pi Si II, numerous entities were staring at them and were smiling devilishly at them.
Back to top Go down
rainstabtorrents

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Again!   Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:53 pm

Absol paid no attention to the horde of fantownspeople crowding around him, mainly of which were teenage girls. As usual, he was sitting on his summoned-turtle-chair with his right leg crossed over his left, lost in deep thought.

Delirious ranting? That's possible, but I doubt that's what's happening here. It's far more likely that the townspeople aren't yet informed of the duke's death. An understandable course of action, as unnecessary panic might only worsen the situation. Absol momentarily paused his thinking to thoroughly relish a sip from his tea, upon which the cheering of his fangirls boomed even louder.

Absol sighed with slight discomfort at the loud voices surrounding him. He had always garnered a lot of attention, even before joining the Defenders. It wasn't very convenient for him too, as it didn't help with his idea of anonymity. He had already bothered to tone down his appearance by wearing the most generic robe he could find, yet it could not hide his strangely apparent fabulousness from those in his immediate vicinity.

Before he could resume his thinking, he suddenly sensed a killing intent from behind him. He instinctively activated his Absolute Shield ability and turned around to see where it was coming from. But nothing was there apart from delighted fangirls and a dented knife on the ground. He eyed the fangirls suspiciously, but they only returned the gaze with sparkling shoujo eyes.

He then checked his teammates if any of them were also attacked the same way, but was only annoyed when he saw that their crowds were not as large as his. Aside from Miss Soulstead, who had a fanbase that rivaled his own except with genders reversed. In any case, none of them seemed to have been attacked. Though it kind of made sense, because ironically he looked like the squishiest of the Defenders, especially with the tea sipping and all. Tough luck for the enemy.

While it was all part of the plan to draw out the enemy, the Defenders would not be able to identify them with all these people crowding them. Well, maybe R could, what with his perfect empathy powers, but there might be another way, one that didn't involve sticking ethereal needles into everyone. Luckily, when all hope had seemed lost, Maverick made an astoundingly stupefying joke, leaving the mentally unprotected townspeople frozen in sarcastic awe. I mean it wasn't that bad, but it was enough to give Absol an opportunity to carry out his plan.

"Let's split up for now. There are spies in this city, and we'll need to look as unprotected as we can to draw them out -- and destroy them." As he finished his sentence, a Hellhound phased in as it lunged onto one of the fangirls and sunk its fangs into the girl's neck. The Defenders took out their weapons and readied their stances, but before they could move, Absol calmly raised his hand.

"Wait. That one's mine." Absol only sat and sipped his tea as the hellhound ripped apart the helpless bloody mess under it.

"What the hell?!" Maverick shouted at him, confused as hell. "You didn't do anything!"

"Hmm. It seems you've misunderstood. I mean the hellhound is mine. It's my pet. My summon." Absol gestured his hand toward the hellhound. The body being dismembered was no longer that of a teenage girl's, but that of a middle-aged fat ugly sweaty creature. "A shapeshifter. I see." The hellhound then picked up the dented knife with its bloody fangs and placed it before his master's feet, then sat obediently beside him. "Did you know? Like their domesticated counterparts, hellhounds have an exceedingly strong sense of smell." Absol fondly scratched the side of its furry head. The demonic creature growled affectionately before once again phasing out into ghost form.

"So, want to split up? Though I think it would be wise if someone kept an eye on Souhaku." The others' gazes subtly turned to Souhaku no Yoru, who was stealing glances at the bloody pile of body parts.

Eland said softly and quite apprehensively, "I-I think we should stick together." Everyone else sort of just silently agreed.
Back to top Go down
Royal Guard

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Again!   Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:54 pm

As they were walking deeper into the city, Eland suddenly yelled out.

"I've got a plan! I have a map of the city and here's how we will lure them all out: We'll head to the city's center: the park. There, we'll use Absol and Sage as a front to draw everyone to us. The spies, so that their cover won't be blown, will have to join in, and will try to be as close as they can to kill them."

"What about us then?" Heinz asked.

"We'll first spread the news that they'll be signing autographs, or something like that. We'll take cover nearby and let the mob rush in. Souhaku and 5, you will be behind that huge rock formation." Eland pointed on the map, just 31 meters northeast from where Sage and Absol will be. "Maverick, you'll be at the west side of the park near the concession stands. I'll be at the pond north of the stage. Heinz, since they can't see you you'll be our eye in the sky; the spotter. When they're about to pounce, you signal us. I might be able to see where they're gonna position themselves, but it won't be ceratin. Use the hellhound as a hint or a guide as well; we have to minimize collateral dam..."

Eland suddenly stopped talking. Then, Skuld rematerialized beside him. Both their faces showed a look of confusion. They glimpsed into the future, a few hours after his plan was played out. After they snapped out of it, both spoke at exactly the same time.

"What the... who... was that?"
Back to top Go down
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/oz797d8j230sc/Bro_Code
PRIMATE MURDER

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Again!   Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:52 pm

Souhaku stared blankly past Eland as the young tactician detailed his plans. He picked up that he was supposed to hide behind a rock, somewhere near Sage and Absol, who would be serving as bait. He yawned as he went back to a certain detail that he almost inattentively missed.

Quote :
Souhaku and 5, you will be behind that huge rock formation.

5? That is terribly unfortunate! Puerile half-wit! Why stick two Kotnorb in the same spot?

He glanced at the Stickmen and swore that the red one was looking at him. He lowered his head and continued to peer at R through his silver hair. The red Stickman kept a steady gaze. --or maybe it looks like that since it doesn't even have proper eyes. Souhaku became increasingly agitated and openly stared back.

Oho.. What is this? Is it possible? Can you smell it, the scent of countless corpses and foul magic? Do you see it, my original form? A swirling vortex of black... nothing? Do you see the tragic sight of the Kotnorb's failure, the writhing mass of sinewy appendages, clamoring to get back to this world? NO? Can you even read my MIND, you fucking crayon?

"Hmm. Maybe not." Souhaku heaved and muttered under his breath. He noticed that he was already sneering and shifted to keep up his goofball facade, which should be a rather obvious lie by now to anyone paying attention.

If I can easily ascertain their Kotnorb origins, can they also detect mine? Maybe I need to keep my distance...

Souhaku turned back to Eland and saw Skuld now standing beside him. Souhaku missed whatever they said

"What's wrong?" Maverick asked, as the two snapped out of their confusion.

"There was... someone.. an unfamiliar face. Then glimpses of the city..."
"The city was in flames! The vision was mostly a blur but that much is clear... then I think there was burning hay? It was everywhere."

"There was also something massive in the distance. Like a tower." Skuld interrupted Eland's disoriented narration.

Souhaku licked his lips as he listened to the discussion and without giving his input, as usual. The others speculated that the unidentified person in the vision may be the spy they should be looking for. Someone suggested that they rethink the plan and possibly avoid a catastrophic outcome.

Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/zoetrope

Defenders Again!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
jodsh :: RP Corner-