HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Defenders-Again! Signups and Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
oppaslam

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders-Again! Signups and Discussion   Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:11 pm

RPG maker sucks but is definitely a good place to start.

one step closer to realizing our future jodsh dev team's game company :D

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders-Again! Signups and Discussion   Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:48 pm

Wow, researching the use of RPG Maker MV to suit this RPGs mechanics is tougher than I thought.

I'll have to borrow some plugins from a developer I saw. Haha
Back to top Go down
Vir

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)
Cash: 10700

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders-Again! Signups and Discussion   Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:30 pm

Quote :
our future jodsh dev team's game company

you joke, but that's not such a bad idea. i'd be up for writing storyboards for games, anyway.

@Andies, lemme check my PC, see if i still have some of the rpgmaker sprites and shit from when i downloaded it and tried my hand at making it (spoiler alert: too many technical stuff for my taste, got too caught up world-building and writing the stories to actually program it into a game).

Back to top Go down
oppaslam

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders-Again! Signups and Discussion   Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:35 pm

only half-joking though
we have the skills

legal stuff: jd XD
programming: jd/gels/me/ems/drew?
game design: gels/me/ems/nin/drew
writing: bert/drew/whoeverhasascriptlul
music: gels/me/bert/ems?
betatesting: ninja hahaha

WE HAVE NO ONE FOR ART
pretty sure i can outsource designs from veniece, but lols (her pieces are really good)
or we can just not focus on the art aspect
i'm fairly confident in my low-res pixel art :v

INDIE GAME INDUSTRY HERE WE COME

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders-Again! Signups and Discussion   Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:57 pm

Quote :
WE HAVE NO ONE FOR ART

maybe we can talk ralph into some commissions? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
jazzmeister

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders-Again! Signups and Discussion   Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:23 pm

So far my progress is I downloaded several plugins for the game so there will be stuff like we can change equipment in battle, switch party members in battle, ability to steal items and life steal, and stuff.

I added our respective classes into the class database.

The game dev team is not really bad. One of the reasons I restarted this project is because I told the therapist I want to dev games so this will give my exp. Plus, this is like how Rooster Teeth started so why not?
Back to top Go down
Royal Guard

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders-Again! Signups and Discussion   Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:07 pm

akala ko itutuloy tong RP o kung ano man, masi balak kong i-remake sana yung character ko

either way this is good
Back to top Go down
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/oz797d8j230sc/Bro_Code
jazzmeister

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders-Again! Signups and Discussion   Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:11 am

Go lang. Kahit i-overhaul mo yung character mo, I'm still gathering resources and researching stuff anyway plus we will still need a concrete story to go on to make the game.
Back to top Go down
Vir

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders-Again! Signups and Discussion   Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:48 am

Huh. How do you plan on developing yung game mechanics ng character na ginawa ko? The others are pretty straightforward, but 5 the Stickman is a bit more complex. Very Happy

Re: story, do you plan on continuing with the go to city->fight boss->repeat til portal format that I made which was honestly for convenience's sake?

Back to top Go down
jazzmeister

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders-Again! Signups and Discussion   Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:00 pm

Considering that Merge is the upgraded version, so to speak, of Split, the way I see it your character will go through like this:

5 will be initially a single class character and has the ability to change into 5 classes, representing 1 of each of his split personae. In battle, regardless of which class he is currently in, he can "summon" the other 4 personae to fight with him, each having their own set of skills. After the battle, the other 4 are dismissed until they are summoned again or the main class is switched out.

Upon going through a personal ordeal, 5 develops a new class in which he is in his Merged form, allowing access to the skills of all 5 personae. If he plans to split, I think there is a way to summon all 5 personae and dismiss the Merged form. However, if he does so, he will have to finish the battle in split form to merge once more.

Tell me if there are any concerns with this arrangement.

For the story, probably yes? Go to towns and cities gathering info about the enemy within their respective territories, enter the dungeon of each boss, liberate the town, then along the way maybe a bigger plot point opens?
Back to top Go down
Vir

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders-Again! Signups and Discussion   Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:22 pm

I have no concerns with this. It's your game, after all. Wink

Sadly, mukhang fully erased na yung RPGMaker files ko dito, so that's unfortunate. Might check my work pc, baka may na-DL pala ako dun na hindi ko nabubura.

Sabihin mo lang if you want a hand with the story. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
jazzmeister

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders-Again! Signups and Discussion   Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:05 pm

Just a question, what equipment will be interchangeable with our characters?
Back to top Go down
Vir

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders-Again! Signups and Discussion   Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:21 pm

5 doesn't need equipment. His Armas is enough.

Back to top Go down
Royal Guard

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders-Again! Signups and Discussion   Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:22 pm

armor at accessory, kung kaya na yung weapon/s ay lumalakas habang na-level up yung characters

Back to top Go down
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/oz797d8j230sc/Bro_Code
jazzmeister

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders-Again! Signups and Discussion   Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:12 pm

Accessories I kind of get.

For weapons and armor, probably an attachment system would be okay? Since some characters have unique weapons and armors, I don't think we can evolve them.

So maybe we can put slots into them then we buy attachments (like materia) to power them up? I'll see if there is a way that not all slots are unlocked at the start and we have to pay for unlocking them as time passes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Defenders-Again! Signups and Discussion   

Back to top Go down

The Defenders-Again! Signups and Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
jodsh :: RP Corner-