HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Golden Labyrinth RP Discussion and Sign-ups [RP RESURRECTED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vir

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)
Cash: 10700

PostSubject: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Golden Labyrinth RP Discussion and Sign-ups [RP RESURRECTED]   Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:36 pm

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Golden Labyrinth

Background Story: The entrance to a new dungeon has suddenly appeared and all of Pokemonland is excited, especially with certain rumors that there's an artifact deep in the dungeon, created by Arceus himself, that grants the deepest desire of the bearer. Explorer teams from all over the world have decided to brave the dungeon's numerous traps, puzzles, and rogue Pokemon to get to the center of the Golden Labyrinth and claim the legendary Wish Plate! Will it be your team who will get a chacne to get their dreams to come true by conquering the Golden Labyrinth?

New Pokemon RP, in yet another attempt to revive this section of the forums. Directly control of a team of 2-3 pokemon in a turn-based dungeon crawl!

General Rules!
1. No God-modding.
2. Be descriptive.
4. Have fun.

PMD:IT Rules!
1. No God-modding.

2. Players are limited to a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 3 pokemon. 2-Pokemon teams are allowed to have at most 1 zero-evolution or 2nd-evolution pokemon. 3-pokemon teams must all be basic evolutions. One pokemon is assigned as the Team Leader.

3. All Pokemon are capable of a basic attack and 4 special moves which the RPer can choose freely from a movepool of the Pokemon's naturally-learned moves. This does not include any moves that only that Pokemon's future evolutions may learn. Example, you may not use a Torchic with Double Kick as Torchic does not learn these moves naturally unless you evolve it into a Combusken.

4. Every pokemon battle you encounter has a predetermined set of EXP given to all Pokemon in your team. For every 500 exp you earn, you earn the ability to evolve. You may choose not to and continue to earn EXP points. For every additional 250 points, you are allowed to learn 1 more move that your Pokemon learns through TMs/HMs/Move Tutors/Breeding with a max of 4, leaving your Pokemon to have a total of 8 Special Moves. Upon evolution, you may retain 2 of your bonus moves (if any), and then repick your 4 starting special moves from the newly-evolved pokemon's movepool.

5.Each special move has a limited number of uses (check Bulbapedia for the PP). When the PP of a move is used up, the Pokemon may no longer use that move until it evolves/finds a healing area.

6. All Basic Pokemon start out with 100 HP. Damage dealt by special moves is equivalent to the move's base attack power/5. STAB moves deal 1.5x more damage, Super Effective moves deal 2x or 4x more damage depending on type differences. The Basic Attack move deals a fixed amount of 10 damage. For every Rogue Pokemon you defeat, all Pokemon in your party earns an increase of 10HP each. Rogue Pokemon also have a chance to drop beneficial items like Berries and Hold Items.

7. I reserve the right to add to these rules as I see fit. Questions and comments are welcomed.

PMD-IT Sign-up Sheet

Team Name: Your Team's Name! If you are running a themed team, you may want to give a name that reflects that (like "Team Weeds" for a Tangela/Oddish/Bellsprout combo)
Team Leader: Who calls the shots?
Number of Team Members: Self-explanatory.
Team Specialty: Each Explorer Team has 1 Specialty. The RPer can choose from the following:
1. Treasure Hunters - Increases both the chance and value of items from Rogue Pokemon/Dungeon Chests
2. Fighters - Adds a bonus 5 damage to your attacks.
3. Negotiators - Allows your Team to temporarily recruit one Rogue Pokemon for 5 turns. This skill can only be used once every 10 turns.
4. Scholars - Allows the team to instantly solve 1 puzzle or avoid one trap once every 3 turns.

Team Members' Profiles: Give info about your team!

Name: A nickname for the pokemon!
Pokemon Species: What Pokemon is it?
Nature: This decides the personality and how this particular Pokemon will act in certain situations. For example, if your team enters a room containing a sleeping Rhydon, a Careful pokemon will try to sneak past it, but a Rash pokemon will kick it in the nose and try to fight it. This is also a basis for writing how your team interacts with each other and with other teams.
Moves: List four moves here taken from the pokemon's level-up movepool, along with its power, accuracy, and PP.
Short Description: 3-4 sentences describing the Pokemon and his contribution to the team.

Code:

Sample Sign-up Sheet:

Team Name: Team Kung-Fu
Team Leader: Bruce
Number of Team Members: 3
Team Specialty: Fighters

Team Members' Profiles

Name: Bruce
Pokemon Species: Tyrogue
Nature: Serious
Moves:
1. Tackle - 50 Power, 100% Accuracy, 35 PP
2. Helping Hand - 0 Power, 100% Accuracy, 20 PP
3. Fake Out - 40 Power, 100% Accuracy, 10 PP
4. Foresight - 0 Power, 100% Accuracy, 40 PP
Short Description: The leader of Team Kung Fu, Bruce is a stern and no-nonsense Tyrogue who expects the best from both himself and his team. His teammates look up to him due to his unwavering dedication to the Art. Although he has a lot of battle experience, he has not yet evolved due to indecision as to what direction to take.

Name: Ip
Pokemon Species: Mienfoo
Nature: Calm
Moves:
1. Swift - 60 Power, NeverMiss, 20 PP
2. Force Palm - 60 Power, 100% Accuracy, 10 PP
3. Meditate - 0 Power, 100% Accuracy, 40 PP
4. Hi Jump Kick - 130 Power, 90% Accuracy, 10 PP
Short Description: Cool and collected, Ip the Mienfoo is almost impossible to ruffle. He is a childhood friend of Bruce, but acknowledges that the Tyrogue is more skilled than he is in the Art. In battle, he is fast with his strikes and very agile in dodging, although his hits lack power.

Name: Jaa
Pokemon Species: Machop
Nature: Bold
Moves:
1. Focus Energy - 0 Power, 100% Accuracy, 30 PP
2. Karate Chop - 50 Power, 100% Accuracy, 25 PP
3. Seismic Toss - 50 Power, 100% Accuracy, 20 PP
4. Cross Chop - 100 Power, 80% Accuracy, 5 PP
Short Description: Brash and headstrong, Jaa the Machop is the type to jump headlong into danger and take on impossible obstacles if it means saving his friends. He was taken in by Ip and Bruce when they saw his potential. He is very strong, but slow to dodge and prefers grappling techniques.

The PMD:GL Map is attached to this post.
Attachments
The Golden Labyrinth 20 (print).gif
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(123 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

Back to top Go down
Megumin

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Golden Labyrinth RP Discussion and Sign-ups [RP RESURRECTED]   Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:25 am

I suggest including pokemon abilities.
Can be used as an extra power (like Flash Fire, Levitate), or just for fun like:
Forecast being able to tell the weather
Rivalry causing malemons to fight over a female
Moody mons becoming the most annoying shit ever

Of course, you have the liberty to ban certain abilities/combos.

Also, is it possible to make this RP a little less serious/technical?

I mean, I might want a Moxie Heracross do Signal Beam while evading Fire Blasts by moonwalking.

Also, I think we can do without the numbers 'cause there's always the option of whiting out and going to the nearest pokecenter. Then you walk all the way back to the dungeon. Encountering more zubats.
I just want to fight more like in the anime than in the games.

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Golden Labyrinth RP Discussion and Sign-ups [RP RESURRECTED]   Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:16 am

Huh. I agree with the abilities thing. However, I stand by the numbers, mostly because there will be no pokecenters. you ARE the pokemon, no trainers here.

Quote :
, I might want a Moxie Heracross do Signal Beam while evading Fire Blasts by moonwalking.

WAT.

Back to top Go down
Megumin

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Golden Labyrinth RP Discussion and Sign-ups [RP RESURRECTED]   Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:53 am

Ok I'm fine with the numbers.
But I still want this less technical and more for-fun.

Maybe we can get creative with how we use moves?
Like letting your teammate Hariyama Seismic Toss Pikachu into an uber Volt Tackle.

But if we do that, it'll be infinitely hard to do the math.

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Golden Labyrinth RP Discussion and Sign-ups [RP RESURRECTED]   Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:05 am

You can get creative. And why would it be infinitely harder to do the math? Just add the damage. Although why you would want to damage your teammate with Seismic Toss is beyond me. Strength works just as fine, which would make the formula

[(Strength BAP/5)STABa) + [(Volt Tackle BAP/5)STABb] x DmgMod = Total Damage

[(80/5)1] + [(120/5)1.5] x DmgMod = TotDmg

(16 + 36) x DmgMod = TotDmg

52 x DmgMod = TotDmg

Let's say you were battling a Gyarados. Since Gyarados takes x4 damage to Electric, then

52 x 4 = 208

Your total Damage is 208.

Back to top Go down
jazzmeister

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Golden Labyrinth RP Discussion and Sign-ups [RP RESURRECTED]   Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:28 pm

Team Name: Xros Busters
Team Leader: Wheeler
Number of Team Members: 3
Team Specialty: Treasure Hunters

Name: Wheeler
Pokemon Species: Growlithe
Nature: Adamant
Moves:
Heat Wave-Power 100-Acc: 90-PP: 10-May Cause Burn
Crunch-Power: 80-Acc: 100-PP: 15
Retaliate-Power: 70-Acc: 100-PP: 5-Attack power increases by 15 for every KO'd party member
Flame Wheel-Power: 60-Acc: 100-PP: 25-May Cause Burn
Short Description:
Wheeler is the son of the chief of the Canine Brigade, the peacekeeping bureau of Treasure Town. Seeing his father in action, Wheeler inherited his father to help others and sense of leadership.

Name: Rocky
Pokemon Species: Gligar
Nature: Jolly
Moves:
U-Turn-Power: 70-Acc: 100-PP: 20-After attack, Rocky switches places with one party member
Acrobatics-Power: 55-Acc: 100-PP: 15-When Rocky is not holding anything, Attack increases to 65
Faint Attack-Power: 60-Acc: Infinity-PP: 20
Screech-Acc: 80-PP: 40
Short Description:

Name: Blurr
Pokemon Species: Poochyena
Nature: Impish
Moves:
Embargo-Acc: 100-PP: 15-Prevents enemies from using items.
Assurance-Power: 50-Acc: 100-PP: 10-Power Increases to 70 if the selected target has already received damage on the same turn and before Assurance hits
Tackle-Power: 50-Acc: 100-PP: 35
Bite-Power: 60-Acc: 100-PP: 25
Short Description:

I'll complete the profiles as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Vir

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Golden Labyrinth RP Discussion and Sign-ups [RP RESURRECTED]   Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:39 pm

No cities like in the games. The main "city" is a place known as Treasure Town.

Back to top Go down
jazzmeister

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Golden Labyrinth RP Discussion and Sign-ups [RP RESURRECTED]   Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:43 pm

Noted and changed the profile.
Back to top Go down
Vir

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Golden Labyrinth RP Discussion and Sign-ups [RP RESURRECTED]   Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:48 pm

I am hijacking this thread as a part of the RP RESURRECTED campaign.

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Golden Labyrinth RP Discussion and Sign-ups [RP RESURRECTED]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
jodsh :: RP Corner-