View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vir

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)
Cash: 10700

PostSubject: Defenders Reboot RP Signups [RP RESURRECTED]   Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:15 am

Story:
SJ-001 (Semper Jodsh): an immense superplanet where a multitude of sentient races live in peace and harmony. But a grave threat looms over the horizon. One of the more technologically advanced races has detected an approaching fleet of hostile extraterrestrials, numbering in the hundreds of billions, with the intent to wipe out all life on SJ-001. Upon closer inspection, it is revealed that these aliens are actually rather tiny (around a foot tall), but can fuse with each other to form giant structures like robots, snakes, drills, etc. The discoverers call the aliens Otokoys, and quickly send messages to the other races all throughout the planet about the Otokoy threat.

The call goes out, and every race in the entirety of SJ-001 prepares to go to war. The Otokoy alien fleet has sent an initial attack team of 1 billion Otokoys to gauge the planet's strength. If the races of Jodsh manage to repulse this initial group, the Otokoys may be convinced to seek other planets to invade. If not, then SJ-001 is doomed. DEFENDERS, ASSEMBLE!!!

A just-for-fun no-restrictions RP. Players can opt to be a Race, a Team, or a Hero. Multiple entries allowed, as long as you can handle them.

Rules:
1. Be descriptive.   geek
2. Have fun.  afro

Sign-up sheet:

A. Race (minimum of 100 units, maximum of 999 billion. Division is up to the player)
Race name:
Species:
Short History:
Description/Descriptive Pic:
Specialty:
Army Strength (minimum of 100):
Weaknesses:
Techs/Super Weapons:

B. Team
Team Name:
Specialty:
Standard Outfit/Camouflage: Also included in this category are insignias and other worn items that would allow the team to tell if a person is on their team (if the outfits worn by the team vary for some reason).
Team History:

Team Members (minimum of 3. maximum of 99. if there are less than 10 team members, make one profile for each dude or dudette. if there are more than 10, please just give a general description.):

Name:
Bio (keep it short):
Weapon:
Powers/Abilities :
Items/Equipment:
Descriptive Pic:

C. Hero (maximum of one. Laughing )
Name:
Species:
Character Class:
Biography/Life Story:
Weapons:
Items/Equipment:
Powers/Abilities:
Description/Appearance/Descriptive pic:

Back to top Go down
jazzmeister

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Reboot RP Signups [RP RESURRECTED]   Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:10 am

Team Name: Core Crusher

Specialty: Close Quarters Combat

Team Emblem:

Team History:

Representatives of the peace-loving cyborg race, Fortran. However, when the news of the Otokoy Fleet's invasion came, the Fortran's decided that they need someone to protect them and help the other races. The team members, Axl, Xros, Phillia, Halphas, were the race's first try in producing combat units. Once they see the success of the four, they could create more units to help. The team, considering that they were all built in the same timeframe, considers themselves as brothers and sisters.

Team Members

Name: Axl

Bio:

The Core Crusher team leader. A young but serious mech with a CPU that specializes in strategy. Level-headed, he keeps calm even when the going gets tough. Fair towards everyone on his team, he would do everything he can to repel the enemies and make sure that his brothers and sister would come back alive. Aside from being a strategist, Axl is also a master swordsman.

Weapon:Beam Katana

Powers/Abilities:
Expert Swordsman
Excellent War Forecasting abilities

Items: Plasma Grenades

Name: Xros

Bio:

The team's assassin and would love nothing more than to fight. A mech with an unpredictable personality. Brash and impulsive, he would charge away to the battlefield without thought, which aggravates his leader to no end. He likes to taunt his enemies and, if given the chance, enjoys giving his enemies a slow and painful death. He feels aggression towards his brother, Axl, as the latter is a stickler for the rules but deep in his core, he still cares for his team.

Weapon: Beam Katar

Powers/Abilities:
High Speed Movement
Cloaking ability

Items:
Disrupter System-a module equipped to Xros's frame that allows him to send interference to his enemies' surveillance and tracking systems.

Name: Phillia

Bio:

The lone girl and medic in the team. Built as a support unit, Phillia stays back and helps her teammates and other injured by healing them. Having a bubbly and outgoing attitude, she likes to makes friends with others and tries to keep the tension among her team to a minimum. Even though she may not be much of a fighter, don't let her angelic face fool you, she is a master of martial arts and can protect herself when she needs to. She holds special feelings for her leader, Axl, but it seems that the latter is oblivious to her attraction.

Weapon: Gauntlets (underneath the gauntlet is a healing unit that is attached to her hands)

Powers/Abilities:
Martial Arts Mastery
Healing ability

Items:
Hyper Thrusters-a prototype set of boosters allowing Phillia to escape potentially dangerous situations

Name: Halphas

Bio:

The weapons expert of the team. He has a wide assortment of blasters and melee weapons but he loves his most powerful weapon, the Andromeda Cannon. He takes pride in keeping his team's weapons in top shape. Belying his size and job, he is a gentle giant. He is kind and courteous and hates starting arguments. He likes to stroll around nature during his free time. As the eldest of the group, he takes his older brother position seriously, providing words of wisdom and stopping arguments. Though his specialty is long range weaponry, he is surely no sitting duck in hand to hand combat. He utilizes the great brute strength in his body to attack. To defend himself, aside from having a sturdy frame, he is also equipped with a shield generator.

Weapon: Andromeda Cannon

Powers/Abilities:
High Strength
High Defense

Items (max of 3):
Overmax Shield-A force field generator

Descriptive Pic of the team:
Top: Halphas, Left: Xros (I know the pic shows that it's a girl but just think of it as a male unit), Right: Phillia, Middle Bottom: Axl

Team Name: Beast Hazard
Specialty: Frontliners
Team Emblem:

Team History:

Representatives of the hunter race, Morphians, Rhinox, Fang, Leor, and Geo, were designated as one of the race's teams to help fend off the Otokoy invasion. All, except Geo, have the ability to morph into an anthropomorhic version of an animal while still keeping their humanity with them.

Team Members:

Name: Rhinox

Bio:

The team leader. His animal form is a humanoid rhinoceros. He is a general in his race's army. A wise and friendly leader, he constantly motivates his team members to get ready for battle. This especially helps his introvert son, Geo. When off duty, he could be seen training or spending time with either Fang or Geo.

Weapon: Bone Axe

Powers/Abilities:
Morphing Ability
Great strength

Items:
A small sack of herbs used to counter pain

Descriptive Pic:

Name: Fang

Bio:

The team gunner and Rhinox's fiancee. Her anthropomorphic animal form is that of a cheetah. She is Rhinox's Lieutenant in the Morphian army and they planned to go get married once the war was over. She is an expert marksman and provides cover fire for the top two frontliners: Rhinox and Leor while protecting Geo. Born from a well known family, she acts like a high class woman and likes top class entertainment but also enjoys leisure activities like carnivals.

Weapon:
Laser Dual Pistols

Powers/Abilities:
Morphing Abilities
Sharpshooter

Items:
A belt full of battery packs for her guns

Descriptive Pic:

Name: Leor

Bio:

A former murderer that turned a new leaf. After being caught, he was either to be put to death or serve the military. He chose the latter and quite enjoyed his job. A foul-mouthed man who boasts his skill and believes he is the strongest in the team, which he is yet to prove by beating Rhinox. His beast form is that of a lion. He likes picking fights with everyone and teases their team's youngest member, Geo, which angers his leader. He is in love with Fang, even though she has turned him down numerous times.

Weapon:
Bone Claws

Powers/Abilities:
Morphing ability

Items:
Small vials of poison liquid

Descriptive Pic:

Name: Geo

Bio:

The team's supporter and adopted son of Rhinox. He is a human; thus, no beast form. He was found by the latter in one of his skirmishes through a human colony that was ravaged by an enemy race during a war 14 years ago. Though the Morphian government was apprehensive, they allowed Rhinox to adopt the child after much pleading. Treated as an outcast by morphians of his age, he usually just stays at home reading and studying about the world. Rhinox tries to teach Geo his art of fighting but the boy had a much too weak body for his style. In his studies, Geo learned how to use Arcana Tech, a power developed by human scientists that is similar to magic. He uses this power to heal and power up his teammates. He enjoys spending time with his father but is a bit shy towards Fang.

Weapon: Energy Staff

Powers/Abilities:
Arcana Tech expert

Items:
A small computer attached to his wrist that shows a list of spells that he can perform.

Descriptive Pic:
Back to top Go down
Vir

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Reboot RP Signups [RP RESURRECTED]   Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:09 am

Damn, you don't waste time, do ya? Nice. No pics for Geo?

Back to top Go down
jazzmeister

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Reboot RP Signups [RP RESURRECTED]   Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:14 am

Huh? Geo has a Picture.

Hey, my manuscript outline presentation is coming up and after that, I'll be going back to writing fanfics for a while before concentrating on the drafts. This will serve as practice for me.

Besides, I seemed a bit inspired for some reason. During these phases, all I can say is "Who do you think I am?" LOL!

What do you guys think of the back stories?
Back to top Go down
Zuramaru

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Reboot RP Signups [RP RESURRECTED]   Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:37 am

Why not increase the maximum number of weapons/items/powers a Hero can have?

I mean, a four-man team can have a maximum of twelve items and eight powers. alien

But yeah... God mod time. bounce
I love RPs with no sense of balance. XD

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Reboot RP Signups [RP RESURRECTED]   Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:14 pm

@Azuciel

Good point. Edit done, Heroes can now have a maximum of 10 items and 10 powers.

@jazzmeister

Ah, sorry about that, it wasn't loading properly.

Back to top Go down
Zuramaru

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Reboot RP Signups [RP RESURRECTED]   Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:14 pm

Awesome cherry

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Reboot RP Signups [RP RESURRECTED]   Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:51 pm

Let me get back to you on those powers and weapons. I'm not used to making unbalanced characters.
Back to top Go down
MAGICAL BASKETBALL

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Reboot RP Signups [RP RESURRECTED]   Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:58 pm

wow, that's a lot of work

Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/zoetrope
jazzmeister

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Reboot RP Signups [RP RESURRECTED]   Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:20 am

What is?
Back to top Go down
Zuramaru

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Reboot RP Signups [RP RESURRECTED]   Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:13 am

Remove the maximum number of members per team!

I want to do something awesome. A non-human team.

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Reboot RP Signups [RP RESURRECTED]   Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:30 am

Wouldn't it be better if you use a race instead?

I also wanted to do a race but I'm not sure how effective my command over a whole race be. This does raise a question though. Can I introduce some characters during the story but won't be included in my roster since there not the ones I'll be using in battle? These characters would be officials or friends of the characters from their respective races.
Back to top Go down
Zuramaru

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Reboot RP Signups [RP RESURRECTED]   Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:59 am

Nah, if I make a race, then I must use the group as a whole.

I want individuality.

EDIT:

holy fuck i just found the most badass artist ever

this one for andrew:

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Reboot RP Signups [RP RESURRECTED]   Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:54 pm

DOUBLE POST

just an example.

jesus christ.

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Reboot RP Signups [RP RESURRECTED]   Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:30 pm

Ang ganda nga naman ng Duel Masters art eh. Maganda siya visually but the gameplay is a tad too easy for my taste. Thanks for reminding me.
Back to top Go down
Zuramaru

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Reboot RP Signups [RP RESURRECTED]   Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:57 pm

Something probably not from that game.

Cyber dragon race anyone?

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Reboot RP Signups [RP RESURRECTED]   Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:48 pm

^holy effing awesome yung blue
Back to top Go down
jazzmeister

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Reboot RP Signups [RP RESURRECTED]   Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:46 pm

Well there's no real question that Toshiaki Takayama's arts are beyond amazing. Information states that he contributed his works on games such as Lord of Vermillion. Thanks to his artworks, I'm thinking of other weapons I can employ for my characters.

Seriously, would it be alright if we keep posting pictures here? I mean, it's not really used for the actual sign up.
Back to top Go down
Zuramaru

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Reboot RP Signups [RP RESURRECTED]   Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:06 pm

They're for convincing the master to remove the character limits. tongue

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Reboot RP Signups [RP RESURRECTED]   Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:17 pm

Well the question is would you be able to control them well if you exceeded the number? Besides, how many do you plan to control anyway? Also, I don't think removing the character number limit is going to be approved since there doesn't seem to be a forum RPG without a character to controller ratio limit.

Anyway, regardless if he'll remove it or not, I can assure you of one thing: that by posting those pictures, not only did they give me ideas for weapons for my characters but also revived my interest in card games, especially Duel Masters. Want to play? Anyone?
Back to top Go down
Zuramaru

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Reboot RP Signups [RP RESURRECTED]   Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:49 pm

• As many as you can possibly control.
  • Races/Teams/Heroes not participating for one week (without valid reason) will be killed by the Otokoys.

I think it's possible.

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Reboot RP Signups [RP RESURRECTED]   Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:27 am

Well, if that's the case, then I may have to agree with Emilzen here. However, if Albert's decision is final then I respect his wishes.
Back to top Go down
Vir

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Reboot RP Signups [RP RESURRECTED]   Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:44 pm

I agree with the suggestions and have edited the signups to reflect that decision. This RP will start once we have a minimum of 4 players.

Back to top Go down
jazzmeister

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Reboot RP Signups [RP RESURRECTED]   Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:43 pm

Alrighty then. Probably I'll add more as the story progresses.

Also, this is a bit slow going don't you think?
Back to top Go down
Zuramaru

PostSubject: Re: Defenders Reboot RP Signups [RP RESURRECTED]   Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:49 pm

ebriwan bisi

Defenders Reboot RP Signups [RP RESURRECTED]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
jodsh :: RP Corner-