HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Bruce Dwayne

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:43 am

I've fallen behind here but have we established the mental state of our adventurer?

I imagine the guy would still be confused as fuck, considering he just woke up and was supposed to be in a condo

Quote :
You grasp it in one hand, and a wealth of knowledge flows into your mind at the same time.

or does he now have the composure of a full-fledged cleric?

Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/zoetrope
Vir

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)
Cash: 10700

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:40 pm

Bruce Dwayne wrote:
I've fallen behind here but have we established the mental state of our adventurer?

I imagine the guy would still be confused as fuck, considering he just woke up and was supposed to be in a condo

Quote :
You grasp it in one hand, and a wealth of knowledge flows into your mind at the same time.

or does he now have the composure of a full-fledged cleric?

Shield of the Virtuous passively prevents you from getting hurt, regardless of whether that hurt would be physical (like taking a blow to the head), emotional (like getting taunted or called horrible names), or psychological (like freaking the fuck out and BSOD'ing because you suddenly woke up in a strange world apparently populated by creatures formerly found only in fiction).

Back to top Go down
Bruce Dwayne

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:05 pm

Ah. I'll go with baste's write-in option

Quote :

[X] Move into range of both strangers and cast holy light.

Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/zoetrope
Vir

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)
Cash: 10700

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:07 pm

Votes:

You are now slightly confused. On one hand, the knight has invoked the name of your God, and seems to be strangely earnest in his entreaty for you to get away from the elf (who did actually appear out of nowhere and does have a strangely strong grip for a little girl). On the other hand, the chivalrous gentleman in you is screaming to help and defend the elven girl-child, and there is just something about the knight’s face that makes you want to just beat it in with an oak plank wrapped in rusty barbed wire.

In an attempt to perhaps “rescue” you, the knight has stepped closer, to about 2 feet away from you, and is raising his sword in the direction of the girl. The elven girl is looking even more distraught at the words that the knight has said, and seems to be a few seconds away from just letting go of her grip and running away from the both of you.

You make a split-second decision. They are close enough, and using this skill would at the very least confirm that neither of them are evil or undead. Before the two of them can say anything else, you raise the staff in your other hand and intone, “HOLY LIGHT!

Some few quick facts:

1. Humanoids are naturally conditioned to react to movement by looking at it.
  2. It is still possible to flash-blind someone during daytime if the light source is both really high intensity (focused burst) and really close (less than a meter away).
  3. 300 lumen is enough to flash-blind someone in low-light conditions.
  4. The Holy Light spell lets out an initial burst of light rated at around 1,000,000 lumen, similar to a photographer's flash bulb.

Both the elf girl and the knight fall to their knees, clutching at their eyes and screaming in pain.

"ARGH! That spell only repels undead and demons, Cleric! Why would you use it now? A savage barbarian this elf may be, but it is no ghoul or infernal!" The knight continues to admonish you. Meanwhile, the elven girl just continues to sob.

Before you make another move, you hear a quick twanging sound. Two arrow flies out of nowhere. One buries itself in the knight's right eye (filling you with a strange sense of giddy amusement), and the other hits you on the chest and then just bounces off. You barely feel the hit.

There's a rustle, and a blonde elven woman steps out of the trees. She strings another arrow on her bow and aims it at you.

"Step away from my sister." She intones. "Or I see how many arrows it takes to punch through that defense of yours."

What do you do?
[] Write-in.

Back to top Go down
oppaslam

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:40 pm

oh god i already feel our cleric's shield of the virtuous crumbling like 10-day oreo
before i write in a response, i'd like to first give my thoughts on the matter, as changing choices confuses me.

EDIT:

see, this is exactly why i was against casting holy light without warning, regardless of its practicality. this fucking suzakuface clouded my judgement. we really should listen to 30-all-stats acolyte master cleric andrew. oh well, at least we got something out of it. righteousness is our justice!

the first thing that comes to my mind in this situation is to have cleric explain himself apologetically to the girls. he was certainly going to help elfears, at least until suzakuface showed up and made outrageous claims. now we know the fucker is simply racist against elves.

IS RACISM, (and by association, hate), NOT AGAINST THE VIRTUES OF OUR DEITY? i guess an arrow to the eye was too much of a punishment, but it's well deserved if we also consider his suzaku-face. he's dead, right? or is there a chance he also has a working (albeit weaker) shield of the virtuous, and it stopped the arrow from piercing past his eye / hitting any vitals? he should still have the healing buff from holy light lul. party won't feel balanced without suzakufa- cyclopsface. i was also actually looking forward to seeing our cleric's character dynamics with that guy.

wouldn't it be funny if:

in any case, it is now well established that elfears was never evil. i'd like to have our cleric ask the elf girls to employ his services *without compensation* until the trouble in their village blows over, as a means to earn their trust back from square one.

thoughts?

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:08 pm

well at least it confirmed one of my initial assumptions that 'trust everyone' isn't necessarily a virtue
the arrow bouncing off means he still has protection from deity

Quote :
Holy Light, which causes a brilliant white light to emit from the tip of your staff that repels undead and evil

since we have established that neither of them have 'evil' intentions (whatever 'evil' means), it's now easier to negotiate some sort of truce between the two parties

Datenshi Yohane
Back to top Go down
oppaslam

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:56 pm

ah, but distrusting anyone by default might still be considered not virtuous, especially with someone humbly and politely asking for help. indeed, trust might not be a virtue per se, but charity, the "bigger picture" in that scenario, most certainly is.

i agreed to testing their intentions only and precisely because their trustworthiness suddenly came into question. prudence (using the discipline of reason) is one of the big virtues after all. i still think casting holy light was one of the best choices we could take considering the information we had. we couldn't have possibly foreseen this exact future. it's only so easy to see even better choices in retrospect.

but enough of that. what matters now is how we appease the holder of those dangerously tempting curves threatening to take down our cleric's defenses from within. now that he has gotten a good look at dem sexxi elfcurves, i doubt his virtue shield would operate at 100% efficiency like before lols. WE MUST NOT FIGHT. WE CANNOT WIN. XD

i suggest something along the lines of:

Code:
Step away from the blinded elf, drop the cleric staff, and offer both your empty hands in surrender, hoping to calmly explain your actions / thought process. Then apologize by offering your services for free.

WHAT A SPECIAL OFFER

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:07 pm

Quote :
blonde elven woman

HEEEPP

call this cold judgement not befitting a cleric, but we can't help suzakuface (he still has the holy light buff and we don't really have a spell that fixes wounds). we CAN help this village being attacked by a "terrible monster", however.

[X] Step away from her sister and promise to help their village as an apology.

i think it would be interesting if cleric-san agonizes over these logic vs virtue dilemmas, especially if he recognizes the possibility of diminished holy protection.

regarding the trust, i would like to point out that i give 0 shits to our Shield of the Virtuous ability, and all my shits to reputation and trust as a real social relationship thing.
Back to top Go down
Zuramaru

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:48 pm

Quote :
distrusting anyone by default might still be considered not virtuous
i never thought of it as distrust
more of an act of caution, since our cleric still has no idea what the hell is going on
and in an even bigger picture, charity to the wrong people is not good as it may help create more evil
imagine a decent-looking ww2-era german politely asking for gas for his 'oven'

i want to make sure anything cleric-san does is for a good cause, and the only way to do that right now is to gather as much information as possible

right now what we have are these:

• Both suzaku-the-one-eyed and the elf girl are not evil/undead/demon.
  • I forgot to say this earlier, but suzyclops may be a Paladin, which is a fighter with cleric powers. This might explain his knowledge of our deity. Or he just recognized the cleric robes of our deity but is not affiliated. Either way, at least he's not evil.
  • Holy Light can be used like a flashbang during the day. I assume it also works as an emergency source of light.
  • Casting Holy Light without warning, as a means of gathering information, is not non-virtuous. I think intention has a lot of weight in determining which actions are non-virtuous. If our cleric knew that Holy Light could blind and still used it, he'll probably lose the shield.
  • At present state, cleric passive shield works against skilled archers. I say skilled because blonde elf girl onee-sama accurately shot suzakulangmata and cleric-san in quick succession (or was it simultaneous? Double srafe?)
  • There's still a chance that no-depth-perceptionzaku is telling some truth, and the elven girls are part of an amazon-like tribe. Might be why he calls elfgirl 'beast' and 'savage'.
  • That said, elf girl clearly has no evil intentions like luring cleric into trap to be feasted upon by her kin

I think the best course of action is to tell everyone some carefully chosen truth. Cleric used Holy Light out of confusion, and he merely wanted to make sure no one has evil intentions. Say that he had no intentions of hurting anyone, and that he didn't know that Holy Light could blind people because he has never used it in that kind of situation before. And that he is a devout follower of ZA HUWAITO MEIJI, a deity which forbids hurting anyone intentionally in the first place. Telling the truth establishes trust.
I do agree that we need to help the village now. Eyepatchzaku should now know that elfgirl is not as evil as he thought, and might be willing to help. Behind the eyeballs is solid bone, he should still be alive.

[X]Negotiate truce, gather information, help village.

Quote :
all my shits to reputation and trust as a real social relationship thing.
this coming from "the closest to the path of lewds"  lel

Datenshi Yohane
Back to top Go down
rainstabtorrents

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:24 pm

naw man that dream ended when we didn't choose the Whimsy deity XD

we r white mage nao

white mage master race... wait
Back to top Go down
oppaslam

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:12 pm

Quote :
never thought of it as distrust; more of an act of caution

in this case, caution is distrust. our cleric could have the noblest of intentions while staying on the side of caution, and others might still see it as the more negative distrust. in an ideal world where everyone has the capacity to understand your (perfectly sound) reasoning with or without an explanation, this wouldn't be a problem. but considering there are racist bigots COUGHSUZAKUCOUGH in our midst, this probably isn't that ideal world.

casting holy light to clear them of suspicion was and still is a good move. but sexxielfcurves and elfears obviously don't think so. and that's what we could have avoided had we done things differently.

Quote :
elf girl clearly has no evil intentions

one of the best things casting holy light did was confirming their non-evilness. elfears clearly demonstrated intelligence and meaningful language, enough to make conversation and even request assistance. then cyclopzaku shows up and says she plans to lure cleric into her lair. there's no way she could do that without having evil intentions, sentience and all considered. maybe he should have thought about that before spouting off racist lies, losing an eye as consequence.

Quote :
lewds

wouldn't going for a good reputation and real social relationships be the most efficient path towards sexytimes though? i mean from the typical disgusting harem isekai point of view lols. not that i would want that or anything. ͜ʖ ͡°)

EDIT: so glad we got cleric with standard deity. i was thinking about starting a civil thread on philosophy and reasoning, as an outlet, but this works just as well if not even leagues better.

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:39 am

oppaslam wrote:
wouldn't going for a good reputation and real social relationships be the most efficient path towards sexytimes though? i mean from the typical disgusting harem isekai point of view lols. not that i would want that or anything. ͜ʖ ͡°)

ew ew ew
kiriturd
ew ew ew

Datenshi Yohane
Back to top Go down
jazzmeister

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:23 pm

Given everything that happened, I agree that we should explain ourselves to both the elves and the knight that this is all a misunderstanding. We meant no harm to either parties. Though unconventional, it was the easiest way to discern who was telling the truth but we overestimated the light produced by the spell. Seeing the result of the spell, we can be less wary of the elves that we can go with them to their village.

However, it'd be best to use one of our Holy light charges to heal the knight or ask the elven girls if they have anything to use to bandage the knight. We might not know exactly what the knight has against the elves but considering our patron and class, it is unethical for us and against our tenets to go with the elves while leaving the knight in his current state. It is partially, if not wholly, our part that he is temporarily blind in one eye and permanently blind in the other.

Apologize to the knight after patching him up. Also tell him that considering that he can (probably) see the effect of the Holy Light, he can rest easy that the girls don't have malicious intent. Also, that regardless of what he may have against these two(or if your assumptions are correct that he is racist, elf-kind), it is our duty as disciples of ZA HUWAITO MEIJI to help those in need. Explain to him that you will be going with the girls.

If he is still adamant in protecting you, he may opt to join us to act as your guard under the following conditions for both parties:
1) The knight will not act against the girls, instigate them, or act to hinder the progress of their task unless he has proof for his claims.
2) The girls will not harm the knight or instigate him unless they have proven that the knight is cannot be trusted.

A bit of a stretch so tell me if there are things that cannot be done or thoughts on these actions.
Back to top Go down
oppaslam

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:25 am

ah, i had forgotten about suzakuface.

last noms, campaign master albert-sama shared some info on holy light. apparently, holy light improves natural healing for those (non-evils) caught in its radius for as long as it is channeled continuously. starting and sustaining the spell for however long counts only as 1 cast, but also drains an amount of stamina (or whatever resource it requires) proportional to its duration.

this might be a good chance to test cleric's energy reserves, but at the cost of using up another holy light charge. should we wait until we get to the village before casting holy light again? or should we administer holy first aid right now on the suzaku mobile suit? the arrow could have also have been laced with poison (though i don't feel poisons are an elf thing). in that case, cleric also has cure.

i am no medical professional, and i absolutely don't know the first aid procedure for an arrow to the eye wtflol. how do we even deal with this? do we just trust in magic? hahahaha

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:49 pm

Quote :
this might be a good chance to test cleric's energy reserves

this is actually the next thing im gonna suggest after resolving the current hostilities

we need to test out our cleric's stats because he probably doesnt have a handy character sheet
is he a beginner level character? or does he have enough STR throw rocks that pierce through armor?

apologizing and explaining the situation to appease both parties is still the top priority, however

Datenshi Yohane
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   

Back to top Go down

Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
jodsh :: RP Corner-