HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Vir

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)
Cash: 10700

PostSubject: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:51 am

A quest, as promised. Take control of a hapless random anon as he awakens as a character in a vaguely D&D-ish world! Vote for your choice by posting it with an [X] in the box.

You awaken slowly, blinking the sunlight out of your face. Last night must have been some kind of a wild drinking binge, if you fell asleep outside of your house. Slowly, the sights and sounds of your surroundings make themselves known to you. The twittering of birds, the soft breeze rustling through the trees of the forest you were in, the nice, lush grass beneath your hands...

Wait a minute.

You lived in a condo in the middle of a city. The nearest forest was three and a half hours away.

WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU?

As if in answer to your question, a voice catches your attention.

"Ah, excuse me, sir?"

You turn to where the voice comes from, and your jaw drops in surprise. A small girl is peering at you from behind a tree.

HOLY SHIT SHE'S GOT ELF EARS WHAT THE HELL

"Uhm? Sir? May I ask if you're an adventurer?"

You somehow find your voice. "Adventurer?"

"Yes, sir. You seem to be dressed in the garb of an adventurer, and if you are one, I really need your help!"

You glance downwards at yourself and realize that you are wearing...

[] A long, white robe with red trim. There's a simple staff on the ground beside you. (Cleric)
[] A long, blue robe, with a high collar. You're holding a wooden wand in your right hand. (Wizard)
[] Simple iron armor. There's a sword in its sheathe beside you. (Fighter)
[] Simple leather armor. You have two daggers in sheaths at your belt. (Rogue)
[] Bracers, boots, and a loincloth. So that's why it felt a bit drafty. There's an iron warhammer on the ground beside you. (Barbarian)
[] A brown karate gi, a yellow belt, and no shoes. You realize that you know kung-fu. (Monk)

Back to top Go down
Zuramaru

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:41 am

how do we "put an [X] in the box" lols

i vote Wizard because magic is fun
also explosion

Datenshi Yohane
Back to top Go down
rainstabtorrents

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:25 am

i vote cleric

because a solo support is the most useless shit XD (unless you're moulder, but that agrument is invalid because he ain't support)

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Vir

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:24 am

Zuramaru wrote:
how do we "put an [X] in the box" lols

post your choice, only with an X in the brackets. like so:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
oppaslam

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:51 am

[X] A long, white robe with red trim. There's a simple staff on the ground beside you. (Cleric)

DPS CLERIC LESGOBOIS
then when she asks for his name, he can go full chuuni and reply in japanese (with english subs):

モルダーです
It's Moulder ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:43 am

i actually also wanted a cleric but i dont want to be tied down by moral obligations

unless we go full dick cleric and not heal/buff anyone until paid in zenies/gems/sexmoans   XD

Datenshi Yohane
Back to top Go down
Vir

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:36 pm

Deadline for voting is this weekend, Sunday, 8PM. Next part of the quest to be posted by Monday.

Back to top Go down
jazzmeister

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:38 am

I wouldn't say that a solo cleric would be bad. I've played a Tales of game that my main is a cleric. Fought a boss fight alone with him. Took a while but I killed it. If it is the moral implications that we are worried about, we can still be a rather neutral cleric.

Based on the flow, it could be Wizard, Cleric, or a tie between cleric and another class.

Honestly, I'd go for a fighter or cleric but I'll go with

[X] A long, blue robe, with a high collar. You're holding a wooden wand in your right hand. (Wizard)
Back to top Go down
Bruce Dwayne

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:40 pm

is it 2 cleric - 2 wizard?

i pick:

[X] A long, white robe with red trim. There's a simple staff on the ground beside you. (Cleric)

Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/zoetrope
oppaslam

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:07 pm

awyiss

question: in dnd, how to clerics work?

is righteousness simply their nature?
or are they compelled by some mysterious cosmic force once they took on the class?
or are they not obligated at all, and just penalized somehow when they don't follow cleric philosophy?

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:03 pm

http://engl393-dnd5th.wikia.com/wiki/Cleric

it all depends on your deity and your relationship with said deity

lul i just realized we can play a wizard-like cleric and make explosions

Datenshi Yohane
Back to top Go down
Vir

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:41 am

Vote Results:

You glance downwards at yourself and realize that you are wearing a long, white robe with red trim. There's a simple staff on the ground beside you. You grasp it in one hand, and a wealth of knowledge flows into your mind at the same time.

You turn to the young elf (LOOKIT THEM EARS THEY SO CUTE HOLY SHIT) child.

"Ah. Yes. YES! I am an adventurer! A cleric, actually. I serve...

[] Itzakaym of the Root - God-tree, domain of Life, Nature, and Strength. Grants the spells Entangling Roots and Sap of Life, and the Barkskin passive ability.
[] The Living Force - Ephemeral mana being, domain of Arcana, Knowledge, and Zeal. Grants the spells Magic Bolt and Eye of Analysis, and the Overflowing Cup passive ability.
[] Whimsy - Mischievous sprite, domain of Weather, Trickery, and Air. Grants the spells Rain Dance and Double Team, and the Cloud Nine passive ability.
[] The Man of War - World-weary warrior, domain of War, Forge, and Ambition. Grants the spells Triage and Create Simple Weapon, and the Craft of War passive ability.
[] Death - Hot goth girl, domain of Death, Limbo, and Protection. Grants the spells Her Touch and Her Eyes, and the Her Favor passive ability.
[] The White Mage - the whitest of white mages, domain of Light, Purity, and Virtue. Grants the spells Holy Light and Cure, and the Shield of the Virtuous passive ability.

The little elf girl blinks and then nods as you tell her the name of the deity you serve.

"Truly, I was fortunate to find you! Please, come with me! My village is in dire need of your assistance!" She beckons you to follow her deeper into the forest.

Back to top Go down
rainstabtorrents

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:37 pm

because of ems's's post, i'm assuming this is going to influence our adventurer's personality, so i'll go with

[X] Whimsy - Mischievous sprite, domain of Weather, Trickery, and Air. Grants the spells Rain Dance and Double Team, and the Cloud Nine passive ability.

because this seems like the closest to the path of lewds
and this seems like the weakest shit, which is what i'm going for XD
Back to top Go down
oppaslam

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:47 pm

[X] Itzakaym of the Root - God-tree, domain of Life, Nature, and Strength. Grants the spells Entangling Roots and Sap of Life, and the Barkskin passive ability.

i originally wanted warrior-man as deity, but then i thought MUH IMMERSION so i picked this one instead.
FRONTLINE CLERIC ALL THE WAY BOIS ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAAAAAAA
i am also most curious about mc's relationship with the winning deity.

lols dat ebf whitemage whatshernameagain

Quote :
She beckons you to follow her deeper into the forest.

( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:13 pm

oh my, no lewds pls

[X] The White Mage - the whitest of white mages, domain of Light, Purity, and Virtue. Grants the spells Holy Light and Cure, and the Shield of the Virtuous passive ability.

Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/zoetrope
Zuramaru

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:13 pm

[X] Death - Hot goth girl, domain of Death, Limbo, and Protection. Grants the spells Her Touch and Her Eyes, and the Her Favor passive ability.

because this creates a cleric with undead summons lul

i want a humanform deity because i cant see myself taking orders / asking divine intervention from a tree or a ball of light

im also curious of goth girl's rules for divine favor

Datenshi Yohane
Back to top Go down
Royal Guard

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:48 pm

classic caster-class
[X] The Living Force - Ephemeral mana being, domain of Arcana, Knowledge, and Zeal. Grants the spells Magic Bolt and Eye of Analysis, and the Overflowing Cup passive ability.

ff white mage+black mage para mataas mp at matk
Back to top Go down
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/oz797d8j230sc/Bro_Code
oppaslam

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:50 pm

Quote :
i cant see myself

if you can imagine a cleric wearing a white robe with red trim and answering to a hot goth babe of death and undeath, you can imagine anything.

cmon bruh, MUH IMMERSION!!!1!!!one1!!!

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:25 pm

Barkskin looks really ugly in Neverwinter Nights Razz
like your character turns into poop

if the questmaster is gonna stick close to DnD, Death gives proficiency in martial weapons, Protection gives heavy armor
so there's your frontliner XD

Limbo requires a chaotic neutral, which is a 100% play-for-fun alignment

Datenshi Yohane
Back to top Go down
jazzmeister

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:53 pm

[X] The Living Force - Ephemeral mana being, domain of Arcana, Knowledge, and Zeal. Grants the spells Magic Bolt and Eye of Analysis, and the Overflowing Cup passive ability.

Considering na 1 man party pa lang, he will need a spell to defend himself plus a scanning spell to quickly learn the weaknesses of enemies to formulate strategies.
Back to top Go down
Vir

Character sheet
HP:
104/104  (104/104)

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:16 am

Since maunti lang kayong naglalaro, I'm going to call for a second round of voting. I'm going to assume that the choices you made is your top choice. Please vote for your second choice. Whoever deity garners the most votes in total will win. This is to help us come to a choice that all players can be satisfied with.

Also, keep in mind that while I will be taking inspiration from DnD, it will not necessarily be exactly like DnD. I will be taking liberties with some of the spells and their effects. Very Happy

Here are the choices once more.

[] Itzakaym of the Root - God-tree, domain of Life, Nature, and Strength. Grants the spells Entangling Roots and Sap of Life, and the Barkskin passive ability.
[] The Living Force - Ephemeral mana being, domain of Arcana, Knowledge, and Zeal. Grants the spells Magic Bolt and Eye of Analysis, and the Overflowing Cup passive ability.
[] Whimsy - Mischievous sprite, domain of Weather, Trickery, and Air. Grants the spells Rain Dance and Double Team, and the Cloud Nine passive ability.
[] The Man of War - World-weary warrior, domain of War, Forge, and Ambition. Grants the spells Triage and Create Simple Weapon, and the Craft of War passive ability.
[] Death - Hot goth girl, domain of Death, Limbo, and Protection. Grants the spells Her Touch and Her Eyes, and the Her Favor passive ability.
[] The White Mage - the whitest of white mages, domain of Light, Purity, and Virtue. Grants the spells Holy Light and Cure, and the Shield of the Virtuous passive ability.

At this time, we have 1 vote each for Whimsy, Death, The White Mage, and Itzakaym, and 2 votes for The Living Force.

Back to top Go down
Zuramaru

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:29 am

[X] The White Mage - the whitest of white mages, domain of Light, Purity, and Virtue. Grants the spells Holy Light and Cure, and the Shield of the Virtuous passive ability.

not really interested in a pseudo-druid, pseudo-wizard, pseudo-rogue and pseudo-fighter

Datenshi Yohane
Back to top Go down
jazzmeister

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:42 am

[X] The Man of War - World-weary warrior, domain of War, Forge, and Ambition. Grants the spells Triage and Create Simple Weapon, and the Craft of War passive ability.

You guys know that I always opt for a Battle priest
Back to top Go down
oppaslam

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:59 am

changing my first choice to:

ah, i am also not a huge fan of pseudo-builds, and it never crossed my mind that my first first choice was the druid hybrid. Root deity felt cleric-ish enough for me.

also:

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:34 am

because this seems like the 2nd weakest shit, at least in terms of solo adventuring. I want anonymous-kun to get his ass beat XD

if, on the other hand, this encourages our dude to find party members, then awesome. interested to see character dynamics. win/win
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)   

Back to top Go down

Watashi wa takujō gēmu ni otosa remashita?!? (A D&D-ish Fantasy Quest)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
jodsh :: RP Corner-